IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
itsanonwingthing (Offline)
  #11 5/31/17 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by bigq11:
Sure hope they are ready for Smackdown as I already have tickets for the new stands.!!!!
DITTO, I purchased backstretch seats as well. I'm sure they will be ready for the Smackdown, but that's a lot of seats that will not be available for IMW and ISW. I did ask when I bought my Smackdown tickets how high the new bleachers would be, and was told the first row of the new bleachers would be at the height of the last row of the old ones.

Keith Wendel
It's a Non Wing thing,.......you wouldn't understand!
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, Pat O'Connor Fan, SprintManDave, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #12 5/31/17 4:30 PM
Originally Posted by Nate:
With the new seating, they're certainly going to increase their capacity. So I have to wonder where even more cars will park considering at big shows you will already see cars lined up along the sides of the road as far as Smith Road and in parking lots of businesses to the south.

I'm always at the track early so doesn't matter to me any but if you're one of those people that shows up as cars are just hitting the track, I'd rethink that for an event like the Smackdown.
The new seats are creating more parking. not a lot but they have less of a footprint.
2 Likes: koolaid89, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #13 6/4/17 7:46 AM
I asked around and they should be together soon. Some pieces had to be fabricated and should be done any day.
2 Likes: rachasin, tirespinner
HARFprez (Offline)
  #14 6/4/17 8:43 AM
B.G., great to have an on-site reporter, keep us updated. Thanks.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, koolaid89, tirespinner
chris jockish (Offline)
  #15 6/4/17 2:33 PM
Come to Kokomo and check out the progress of the bleachers.Tall beams are in place. Tonight is HARF NIGHT 1/2 price for current members. Good chance to check great racing and new the addition. Thanks O'Conner Family! hot laps 6:30
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
ZooMouth (Offline)
  #16 6/4/17 5:48 PM
Progress being made! Half way up with seats.... IMW is doubtful.... but soon enough!
2 Likes: Nate, tirespinner
reeserx (Offline)
  #17 6/4/17 7:15 PM
They are working on them right now during racing lol
PushEm (Offline)
  #18 6/4/17 7:59 PM
Originally Posted by reeserx:
They are working on them right now during racing lol
Sure are, have watched them add 2 rows since I've been here
4 Likes: davidm, flagboy55, tirespinner, wildman92
DICNJAN (Offline)
  #19 6/4/17 10:39 PM
Someone said tonite may not be done till SPRINT WEEK
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #20 6/5/17 6:07 AM
Originally Posted by DICNJAN:
Someone said tonite may not be done till SPRINT WEEK
With the small turn out of fans they almost didn't need the front stretch seats tonight.