IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Springfield/DuQuoin
4/21/21, 6:02 PM   #1
Springfield/DuQuoin
ThrowbackRacingTeam

With these being the last two mile dirt tracks to race on, I hope that USAC and the promoter do everything in their power to get more than one race scheduled at each of these fine facilities. As a former participant, I can tell you the only reason we put a champ car together was to run the dirt miles. It’s sad to see these great events go by the wayside.

4/21/21, 7:30 PM   #2
Re: Springfield/DuQuoin
buck2

Its all about the number of paying customers...if the fans don't pack the house the promoter won't put out the effort to schedule more races

4/21/21, 8:52 PM   #3
ThrowbackRacingTeam

That’s a fact. The thing is, in the last couple years these races have been noticeably better than years past for some reason and there’s a lot of fans I’d like to convince to give it a try. You can see 1/4 miles 3 nights a week. A few times a year treat yourself to the mile dirt races!

4/22/21, 10:38 AM   #4
flagboy55

It’s funny, while I’ve seen plenty of racing on the Indy Mile, Crown cars were always my least favorite as a kid. Now that I’ve gotten a bit long of tooth as they say, I enjoy them more. Champ cars on the mile is a different breed of racing. For me it took some time to fully appreciate the style

4/22/21, 1:10 PM   #5
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Du Quion is going to be a Saturday night race this year so let's everybody bring a newcomer and pack it out. Then head over to Haubstadt on Sunday!

4/22/21, 6:05 PM   #6
Re: Springfield/DuQuoin
ISF

I've attended Springfield every year the race has been held since Jack Hewitt won his very first Bettenhausen Memorial. The past 4 or 5 have been as entertaining and exciting as any racing I've seen on a bull ring. The car counts are through the roof but the spectator crowds have not improved much at all. Hard to figure.

The Horn Memorial is usually very good, as well. Why these races do not draw is a mystery. Tickets are very affordable and the fact that the respective fair's are going on is a plus and should be an added incentive!

I know one thing for sure, I'll be at both Mile's as long as they race on them.

6 members like this post: 95KART, bus man, dirt330, Ken Bonnema, oppweld, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Springfield/DuQuoin