IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mav TV you let us down!!!!!
1/23/14, 7:58 PM   #71
Re: Mav TV you let us down!!!!!
c47

i would like to add a sidebar to riskybrisky5's "if i were the promoter".....you gotta sign a waver going in so...add a line saying something to the effect that this is private property and its my rules....act like an azz on the track and suffer the consequences....and any physical contact after a race shall be limited ONLY to the 2 parties involved and NO form of wepons. any other parties that try to "gang up" will be tossed with no warnings....have at it boys...but remember....no lawyers, no security....as hewitt said to joey..."take it like a man"
Last edited by c47; 1/23/14 at 8:02 PM.

1/24/14, 9:05 AM   #72
larsonfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskybrisky5 View Post
Just my opinion but not letting drivers not take care of business in the pits has hurt the sport not helped it. It has also cost car owners a lot of money because drivers know that there is no consequences for there actions. If I was a promoter I would tell the drivers in the drivers meeting if you have a problem with another driver take care of it on the track and watch the crowds grow. I respect both drivers but Brad happened to make a bad decision this time. I actually called it was going to happen the lap before.
I think we all saw it coming. The TV announcers said this was Kuhn's last race before retiring, and talked of how he'd like to make the A-main in his final race. So he's one spot out of a transfer - we knew what was coming.

1/25/14, 2:19 PM   #73
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by c47 View Post
i would like to add a sidebar to riskybrisky5's "if i were the promoter".....you gotta sign a waver going in so...add a line saying something to the effect that this is private property and its my rules....act like an azz on the track and suffer the consequences....and any physical contact after a race shall be limited ONLY to the 2 parties involved and NO form of wepons. any other parties that try to "gang up" will be tossed with no warnings....have at it boys...but remember....no lawyers, no security....as hewitt said to joey..."take it like a man"
Are you kidding me???? posted rules for street fighting at a race track????? Wow! Talk about a classy joint!

2 members like this post: fish, SPRINTCAR
1/27/14, 5:09 PM   #74
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil98 View Post
Are you kidding me???? posted rules for street fighting at a race track????? Wow! Talk about a classy joint!
I went to a fight and a race broke out!

1/27/14, 6:36 PM   #75
johnnythunderhead
Banned

you can respect the hell out'a someone, but when you're running close on the last lap goin for the win or the last transfer spot on a dinky-ass track, s**t's likely to happen! drivers also need to keep it in mind that they're risking the possibility of a jail sentence for assault ,as well as an expensive civil law suit should they attack another driver/ granted this rarely happens, but it well enough could, there are better and smarter ways to deal with such issues. one thing about jack hewitt, he didn't run after another driver, he walked calmly up to them and asked them to take a walk, then if they refused, well lol

1/27/14, 8:28 PM   #76
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead View Post
you can respect the hell out'a someone, but when you're running close on the last lap goin for the win or the last transfer spot on a dinky-ass track, s**t's likely to happen! drivers also need to keep it in mind that they're risking the possibility of a jail sentence for assault ,as well as an expensive civil law suit should they attack another driver/ granted this rarely happens, but it well enough could, there are better and smarter ways to deal with such issues. one thing about jack hewitt, he didn't run after another driver, he walked calmly up to them and asked them to take a walk, then if they refused, well lol
Guess you didn't see Jack too much Cause he swung first and asked questions later and most of the time had a beer with em even later than that.

1/27/14, 9:42 PM   #77
c47

ever read the interview with dave darland where he said that he HAD to drive clean when he was starting out cause he couldnt race if his car was wrecked and he raced against some of the baddest azz racedrivers ever. they didnt ask questions, they just punched first....THAT taught him respect.
what teaches respect on a racetrack now a days when you know someone else is gonna fix the car and most times if you stuff someone, the most you are gonna get is a verbal beatdown....

1/28/14, 7:45 AM   #78
Sprintcarfanatic

Jack was no saint, remember the slide job he put on McSpadden at the CRA race in the early 90's. Did Jack apologize. I'm sure someone here knows.

1/28/14, 7:41 PM   #79
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
Jack was no saint, remember the slide job he put on McSpadden at the CRA race in the early 90's. Did Jack apologize. I'm sure someone here knows.
He did, Said I F'D up and owned up to it.

1/28/14, 11:13 PM   #80
CRA91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
As Charles stated,he did apologize,but a little side story on that.
Me and my father were the mechanics on Lealands car and after the crash Jack came down and was apologizing to all of us, as we were all friends,Jack actually drove our second car quite a bit when he came out west, but anyway Jack says "you know if I was you guys I'd be kicking my ass right now" to which I replied,"Jack I've seen you fight before and I don't want anything to do with that"! He just laughed and said" well i'm still pretty goofy from the crash so you might just get the best of me" to which I replied "you know what they say about wounded animals,that's when they're the meanest". So it all ended well.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mav TV you let us down!!!!!