IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Novel Idea!
6/30/10, 12:31 PM   #21
Re: Novel Idea!
graybeard

Happy to wake up to good weather and a race that nite. After my dad and mom took me to the races in 1946 I have been a fan. I think the promoters and tracks in Indiana are better than ever. The racing is the best it has ever been. THANKS TO ALL THE DRIVERS AND CAR OWNERS!!!!!

2 members like this post: IndyBound, Mud Packer
6/30/10, 12:35 PM   #22
Jerry Shaw

I don't think that what Rob, David and Joe said can ever be overstated. The sensory overload is the thing that sets apart sports that are just fun to watch and ones like sprint and midget racing, which are truly addictive. In the chaos and drama of a great racing battle, the meters of all five of your senses are pegged.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 6/30/10 at 12:36 PM.

3 members like this post: IndyBound, Jimmydiesel, Mud Packer
6/30/10, 12:39 PM   #23
Sausage

I really like what IndyBound had to say. I want to thank my Dad for giving me the bug to go watch open wheel racing. We have recently moved from California and had the pleasure of taking my 13 yr old son to his first pavement Sprint show at ORP. It was only my second, the first being an old Copper Classic in Phoenix. Very cool! We used to enjoy going to Perris when we were in California, especially the Oval Nationals.

Thanks also to the person who created a positive thread!

6/30/10, 12:56 PM   #24
Hubie

I like one guy trying to outrun another guy in a similar car

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
6/30/10, 1:09 PM   #25
Kevracer58

I appreciate the push trucks and drivers; without them we wouldn't be able to race.

6/30/10, 1:18 PM   #26
ThrottleHead

Sensory overload is exactly what I was thinking. I love to take a person who js never been before and see their reaction to it. Almost always they become fans!

I too appreciate the hospitality of teams and drivers. Many a great folk!
Posted via Mobile Device

6/30/10, 1:39 PM   #27
BillyG

Since i was a little kid, going to races on saturday nights has always been something i got to do with my dad, and i'm thankful it is still something we get to do to this day over 30 years later.

i enjoy the competition and watching racers work their way from the back of the pack or through lap traffic hunting a victory.
also enjoy the many friends i have met over the years and the family style atmosphere that can be found at almost every track i have had the pleasure of visiting.

6/30/10, 1:49 PM   #28
wolfracer69

grew up at the dirt track, my wife loves going, great freinds at the tracks, know plenty of racers glad to see them race, nice to have a good track to go to 10 mins. from my house, good promoters and push truck drivers in short love it all

6/30/10, 2:03 PM   #29
Seadog

My worst day at the track is still better than my best day at the office.

3 members like this post: cmakin, IndyBound, Mud Packer
6/30/10, 2:28 PM   #30
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

I’d also like to thank my dad (my mom alone also took me a few times) for taking me when I was a kid. In my mind, I can still put myself in the stands of Warsaw and Avilla Speedways even though those places are long gone. I remember what both of those places looked like even though it’s been around 20 years.

I’d pay to watch a sprint car sit and idle.

The power, competition, skill, precision, and bravery are a bonus. My favorite part is when a driver puts on an absolutely fabulous pass on somebody. When you can say, “that was a hell of a move”. Friends, food, and beer are also a bonus for me.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Novel Idea!