IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Happy 90th Birthday To Mrs. Bob Tattersall
4/6/22, 3:09 PM   #1
Happy 90th Birthday To Mrs. Bob Tattersall
ISF

For the old timer midget fans and some of you younger ones not familiar we wanted to let everyone know that Mrs. Bob Tatterall, Delores, most times known as Aunt Dee, turns 90 years young today. Dee is doing remarkably well and we didn't want to let the occasion go by without some acknowledgement.

For those who aren't familiar with Dee's late husband Bob, he was USAC National Midget Champion in 1969 and a hugely popular champion in Australia to this day despite having passed away in October of 1971. Bob is 4th on the all time USAC National Midget win's list behind Mel Kenyon, Rich Vogler and Bob Wente.

Dee still lives in Streator, Illinois in the same house that she and Tatt lived in all those years ago and my wife & I are honored to be close friends with Dee. Dee will still sit down and have a Miller Lite or two and talk racing with you for hours. She's a delight to be around.

Sadly, a driver that was largely responsible for Tatt getting some well deserved recognition in his home town of Streator is no longer with us and I'd be remiss if I didn't mention him. Kevin Olson was instrumental in getting a commemorative plaque in honor of Bob Tattersall placed on Main Street in Streator this past summer. Kevin was great friends with Dee and I can say for certain she deeply misses him!

HAPPY 90TH DEE!! We love ya'!

4/6/22, 7:20 PM   #2
Re: Happy 90th Birthday To Mrs. Bob Tattersall
wrtracing

Happy Birthday Dee!!!

Love,

Bill & Susie

There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way.

Christopher Morley

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, ISF, luckybuc97, racenut69
4/7/22, 7:10 AM   #3
Re: Happy 90th Birthday To Mrs. Bob Tattersall
Last Lap

Happy Birthday Dee

Danny Frye

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, ISF, luckybuc97, racenut69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Happy 90th Birthday To Mrs. Bob Tattersall