IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
throb (Offline)
  #1 1/25/14 3:44 PM
why would fox sports not cover the start of the 24 at daytona? is weeks old UFC news or northern southwest central community college basketball really more important?

Rob Botts
4 Likes: Avon Open Wheel fan, duel, Pat O'Connor Fan, team3521
Vukie (Offline)
  #2 1/25/14 3:49 PM
Originally Posted by throb:
why would fox sports not cover the start of the 24 at daytona? is weeks old UFC news or northern southwest central community college basketball really more important?
Because it's on the Fox network.

http://www.imsa.com/
5 Likes: Bostonian, jdull99, PIT CART, robert gatten, throb
throb (Offline)
  #3 1/25/14 3:52 PM
i guess i shouldnt expect anything less from the network that INSISTS on wheeling that miserable hack joe buck into the broadcast booth of nearly every event........

Rob Botts
sttmn (Offline)
  #4 1/25/14 4:50 PM
I don't know what you are talking about. they showed the whole start of the race. They haven't broke away, yet. They showed David Hobbs giving Start your Engines and all.
2 Likes: jdull99, speed bump
throb (Offline)
  #5 1/25/14 5:27 PM
I just heard that they are covering the entire 24 hours. I have the two fox sports channels but its not showing the coverage except for the 5 hours tonight and the 5 hours tomorrow morning..........what station was the start covered on? I have the AT&T u450 package, so there isn't a channel I don't get, however a channel search only showed the two segments that I mentioned.

Rob Botts
richie (Offline)
  #6 1/25/14 5:30 PM
Originally Posted by throb:
what station was the start covered on? I have the AT&T u450 package, so there isn't a channel I don't get, however a channel search only showed the two segments that I mentioned.
In Indianapolis, the start and first two hours aired on Fox-59.
throb (Offline)
  #7 1/25/14 5:48 PM
Originally Posted by richie:
In Indianapolis, the start and first two hours aired on Fox-59.
well im in avon so it shouldn't have been any different. guess ill try the search again and see if anything different shows up. thanks guys!

Rob Botts
oljonesy (Offline)
  #8 1/25/14 5:54 PM
2 to 4 on fox 59 4 to 9 on fox sports 2. 7am till 230 tomorrow on fox sports 1
richie (Offline)
  #9 1/25/14 5:59 PM
24 Hours of Daytona TV Schedule

1:30 - 4pm - Fox
4pm - 9pm - Fox Sports 2
9pm - 7am - IMSA.com
7am - 2:30pm - Fox Sports 1
throb (Offline)