IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
darnall (Offline)
  #1 1/14/12 12:07 AM
My program guide says that in 2 minutes Speed Channel will air "COUNTDOWN TO U.F.C. 142"

That better be a mistake....I mean nothing against cage fighting or whatever but come on....that sport has already flooded Spike TV and the extreme sports channel Fuel TV....If Speed seriously airs anything U.F.C. I promise to never watch that channel again....I don't care how many episodes of Pim My Ride, Pa$$time and Pumped I miss....

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Not a mistake...thats what's on for the next hour or better.....I'm done...except for Supercross...hahahaha
3 Likes: dirt330, leaglen, SprintManDave
nonwing (Offline)
  #2 1/14/12 12:34 AM
It sure looks that way... I have a strong guess that U.F.C purchased the air time from speed. Otherwise they would be showing another rerun of Pinks.
schwarzracen27 (Offline)
  #3 1/14/12 12:44 AM
Its actually kinda sad. Think of all the local short track races they could have "taped delayed" and played during the winter when there is little to no racing.

Posted via Mobile Device
18 Likes: ajb6, AJFrancis21, BrandonT30, dirt330, erich45, fish, I Miss Manzy, IndyBound, Kansasdirtfan, leaglen, Mud Packer, rdzsprint, ronmil, sday27, skids59, SOROKACH35FAN, SprintManDave, Stephen Cording
Bruce Harrison (Offline)
  #4 1/14/12 4:04 AM
Does it have anything whatsoever to do with racing...nope
A couple of things explain this

1. Fox owns Speed
2. Fox just signed a big $ broadcast deal with UFC

2 Likes: BrentTFunk, I Miss Manzy
racer-x (Offline)
  #5 1/14/12 9:40 AM
At least speed has live Supercross on !!
Hot Rod K. (Offline)
  #6 1/14/12 10:56 AM
Speed channel has sucked for quite some time now. I still believe now would be the perfect time for someone to create a rival network with real auto racing programming and blow them out of the water. Wouldn't take much effort at all.

Rod Keplinger
9 Likes: fish, I Miss Manzy, jim goerge, Jrp4554, miwingless, mowerman, Mud Packer, ronmil, SprintManDave
wvwildthg (Offline)
  #7 1/14/12 11:03 AM
how about tape delayed chilli bowl???
cmakin (Offline)
  #8 1/14/12 11:19 AM
SPEED TV? What's that, another ESPN channel that I don't watch?

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
I Miss Manzy (Offline)
  #9 1/14/12 1:49 PM
I gave up on SPEED some time ago! Why? Just look at their program lineup:
P**p My Ride-Originally an MTV program for kids.
Monster Jam-???
Dumbest Stuff on Wheels-Yes,it is!
The Speed Report-Maybe 45 seconds of open wheel short track coverage,usually a crash! Then, more NASCAR.
Wind Tunnel-A once good show,now just mostly NASCAR rah-rah!
I could go on,but you get my point.And,as previously mentioned,Speed is owned by Newscorp (Fox).Look at the programming on the other Fox outlets,and it becomes clear why Speed is like it is!
4 Likes: jim goerge, Mud Packer, ronmil, SprintManDave
Onlydirt (Offline)
  #10 1/14/12 2:46 PM
How did they break Nascar coverage?