IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hartford, MI MTS Sprint & Open Wing Sprint Invitational-8/14
8/13/15, 12:09 AM   #41
Re: Hartford, MI MTS Sprint & Open Wing Sprint Invitational-
Stevensville Mike

It is going to be good Friday. Whatever Hartford has done it has been a hit with the fans. I actually think the key is allowing the fans to bring beer in again. It is like rolling back the clock 20 years when they first re-opened.

Good undercard heats/classes combined with sprints. I just hope they can keep the late models going. I was at the ALMS race last Friday and it was great. Those cars were MADE for that track.

What is keeping the late models from coming there with that weekly purse of gold?
Last edited by Stevensville Mike; 8/13/15 at 12:15 AM.

1 member likes this post: duel
8/13/15, 12:18 AM   #42
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can26 View Post
Nope, Both cars are staying parked in the garage. If the MTS purse was to match EQUALY the surprise wing show, well then maybe... but since it's not ... Watson Racing
Come on, Johnny! Bring it on over from St. Thomas! I was looking forward pre-race to shooting the breeze with you. Last time was at Thunderbird - right before the walls caved in with them and MTS. We need the Demonic there!

I will always remember you for winning what might be the strangest finish in sprint car racing I have ever witnessed at the Shiawassee County Fair back around..... oh... 2005?
Last edited by Stevensville Mike; 8/13/15 at 12:23 AM.

8/13/15, 2:46 AM   #43
Can26

ah, yes... Fun days!
We will have both cars at Crystal on sat. The plan is to make the rest of the shows as well.

8/14/15, 10:28 AM   #44
staggerman

Hear a couple of IRA regulars are coming over to run the winged portion! Excellent!

2 members like this post: duel, Spi-nex
8/14/15, 1:46 PM   #45
MIracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerman View Post
Hear a couple of IRA regulars are coming over to run the winged portion! Excellent!
It will be interesting to see who they are. Maybe they will stick around tomorrow and run for $2,000 at Butler.

8/14/15, 2:57 PM   #46
duel

As a fan that byo cooler rule and admission to the pits early has me heading that way.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hartford, MI MTS Sprint & Open Wing Sprint Invitational-8/14