IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Oswego Saftey Crew shows they are top notch again
6/10/12, 8:45 AM   #1
Oswego Saftey Crew shows they are top notch again
IndyBound

Three laps into the feature at Oswego Speedway last night Stephen Gioia's 9 and Randy Ritskes 88 came together causing Randy to spin, causing a chain reaction the 88 collected the 50 of Dave Gruel with the 50 bursting into flames.

Oswego Speedways safety crew is made up of Oswego City Firemen and EMT's they sprang into action last night having the fire out in no time and showing way I have always thought they are the best safety crew of any track I have attended.

The 00 of Joe Gosek, 0 Time Snyder and 99 Mike Barnes were also collected in the accident, after repairs Gosek and Snyder were able to continue.

When the racing resumed the youth at Oswego showed the changing of the guard is on the horizon, young Dave Danzer scored his second career win, followed by 19 year old Dan Connors and Kody Graham, Joey Payne finished fourth driving the Mike Muldoon 20 this year, Otto Sitterly rounded out the top five followed by Pat Lavery, Tim Devendorf, Brian Sobus, Shawn Gosselin and Joe Gosek rounding out the top ten.

I had my first chance to see Indy native Jarrett Andretti wheel a supermodified, he finished 11th and was running as high as 8th before being over taken by several cars. I thought he did a terrific job and look forward to seeing him race again. Jarrett is driviing the Shawn Muldoon #1 which is being maintained by Jim Paternoster. Jarrett impressed me, I look for him to become more and more competitive as he gets more seat time in a super.

On a side note, Friday news broke that the State Police reconstruction of the tragic accident Tuesday in front of the Oswego Speedway that killed three young men showed the car was traveling 81 MPH in a 30 MPH speed zone. While all five men in the car had consumed alchol before the crash the toxicology reports are not finished yet.

Please, Please leave the racing to the race track and stress the importance of not drinking and driving to your children, Eight young children have been left with out a father as a result of this senseless accident.

Patti
Last edited by IndyBound; 6/10/12 at 5:23 PM.

6/14/12, 4:16 PM   #2
Re: Oswego Saftey Crew shows they are top notch ag
Fontana180

Oswego has always had great safety crews, I have required their services twice there in a midget. Once in turns 1-2 and another time in 3-4. I think they started having foam blocks in the corners in the 90's along w/some other tracks in the east, which may have been the start of the soft walls we have today.

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
6/14/12, 6:09 PM   #3
short track scott

A great testament to the safety staff at Oswego. I am thrilled to hear of their prowess, although I would rather they be unnecessay when we visit July 7 and August 31.

Thanks for giving these people a spot of praise and recognition.

As for the accident, regardless of the result, there was one person responsible for all five and unfortunately the results were beyond tragic.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: PJ Wright
6/14/12, 6:22 PM   #4
Re: Oswego Saftey Crew shows they are top notch ag
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by short track scott View Post
A great testament to the safety staff at Oswego. I am thrilled to hear of their prowess, although I would rather they be unnecessay when we visit July 7 and August 31.

Thanks for giving these people a spot of praise and recognition.

As for the accident, regardless of the result, there was one person responsible for all five and unfortunately the results were beyond tragic.

Posted via Mobile Device
Short track Scott, I agree I hope they are not needed when Must See Xtreme visits on July 7th and August 31st or any other weekend over the summer. Hope you enjoy your visits to Oswego.

Patti

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Oswego Saftey Crew shows they are top notch again