IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Attn: All track promoters and employees
4/14/11, 12:02 AM   #21
Re: Attn: All track promoters and employees
Fontana180

Fans of Manzanita, USA Speedway, Wayne County and a number of others don't have to worry about that anymore. THEY ARE CLOSED! USA speedway? do you mean the USA Speedway in Tucson AZ, because if so that is news to me???

Indybound, Oswego Speedway Home of the Supermodifieds. I recieved 2 head injuies there and still loved racing a midget there w/ARDC & NEMA. The steel palace is one fast track! My crew after those events, always held their breath. The steel palace. I could never believe or understand how my wife was able to fall asleep on the grass while the supermods were running!

4/14/11, 1:59 AM   #22
Brad
Banned

I understand your thought, but there will NEVER be a shopping mall or housing development near Eldora, even if it closes.

2 members like this post: IndyBound, jim goerge
4/14/11, 2:45 AM   #23
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontana180 View Post
Fans of Manzanita, USA Speedway, Wayne County and a number of others don't have to worry about that anymore. THEY ARE CLOSED! USA speedway? do you mean the USA Speedway in Tucson AZ, because if so that is news to me???

Indybound, Oswego Speedway Home of the Supermodifieds. I recieved 2 head injuies there and still loved racing a midget there w/ARDC & NEMA. The steel palace is one fast track! My crew after those events, always held their breath. The steel palace. I could never believe or understand how my wife was able to fall asleep on the grass while the supermods were running!
Fontana180, I can't shed any light on USA Raceway in Tucson, there website shows a press release wrote by Lonnie Wheatley dated 4/11 stating the sprints are back there this Saturday. Kevin Montgomery posted that press release here on IOW, so I am confused and have also heard nothing about USA closing.

The steel palace walls are unforgiving, I can understand why your crew would hold their breath. But your wife falling asleep how could that happend when the supers were running? Love seeing the midgets run every chance I get. Headed to the steel palace next month!

Patti

4/14/11, 5:52 AM   #24
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
do you mean the USA Speedway in Tucson AZ, because if so that is news to me???
Mudpacker was referring to USA Speedway, a 3/4 mile paved track in Lakeland, FL that closed out of nowhere sometime in 2008. USA Raceway is the 3/8 mile dirt track near Tucson, AZ that still operates.

2 members like this post: IndyBound, Mud Packer
4/14/11, 8:57 AM   #25
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

[QUOTE=Fontana180;221675]Fans of Manzanita, USA Speedway, Wayne County and a number of others don't have to worry about that anymore. THEY ARE CLOSED! USA speedway? do you mean the USA Speedway in Tucson AZ, because if so that is news to me???

Thanks for helping me out James. The track that I was referring to was indeed USA Speedway in Lakeland, FL. It was also called USA International Speedway as I remember it. A great 3/4 mile facility that closed due to the property being worth more as a trucking hub than a race track.

It was out off of Interstate 4 and I certainly wouldn't have expected that it was worth that type of money for re-development. Just goes to show what I know.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
Last edited by Mud Packer; 4/14/11 at 9:02 AM.

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
4/14/11, 9:03 AM   #26
Seadog

[quote=Mud Packer;221694]
Quote:

Thanks for helping me out James. The track that I was referring to was indeed USA Speedway in Lakeland, FL. It was also called USA International Speedway as I remember it. A great 3/4 mile facility that closed due to the property being worth more as a trucking hub than a race track.

It was out off of Interstate 4 and I certainly wouldn't have expected that it was worth that type of money for re-development. Just goes to show what I know.
Do I remember that the PRA had a Big Car race that was scheduled at Lakeland but was never run?

4/14/11, 9:09 AM   #27
Mud Packer

[quote=Seadog;221698]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Do I remember that the PRA had a Big Car race that was scheduled at Lakeland but was never run?
You are correct Gregg. I don't know the particulars but it was about the time the USAR and PRA were going through some challenging times. It would have been a great track to host a "big car" show. We will never know now however.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4/14/11, 9:53 AM   #28
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

This was my first published photo, taken during Speedfest in January of 2006

Nobody was hurt, I believe someone tried to run some aluminum parts, that were illegal and crushed causing a fire, in the first turn on the first lap.
Last edited by apexonephoto; 4/14/11 at 10:11 AM.

4/14/11, 9:56 AM   #29
Mud Packer

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexonephoto View Post
This was my first published photo, taken during Speedfest in January of 2006
Great shot. I was there for that race and wow what a wreck. Thankfully no one was seriously hurt. I was really sad to hear the news that USA International Speedway was closing up shop. A great facility and I enjoyed going down to watch the Speedfest shows. Thanks for the look back.

4/14/11, 10:21 AM   #30
lazyifoto

I would have to say that the Lawrenceburg crew must have busted their butts because the track and the racing was good all night...WoW them sprints were flyin around that place.Hat's off to Dave and crew.

2 members like this post: IndyBound, ThrottleHead
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Attn: All track promoters and employees