Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall2020 View Post
midgets Sunshine
sprints Swanson, assuming he's in the 20
silver Swanson
According to usac write up Kody will be in the nolen 20 sprint car

9/18/17, 8:45 PM   #24
Kydehart

Midget: Shelton (I feel like she's due. Shes had a heck of a year)
Sprint: Ballou
Silver Crown: Swanson
WoO: Schatz
ASCoC: Rico

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, flagboy55
9/18/17, 8:49 PM   #25
Re: Big E 4 Crown picks
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYATK94 View Post
You attempted to make a logically equivalent statement to my opening sentence with yours, which doesn't exactly work. You claimed to not care about the wing results but, for some reason, had to make sure we all knew just that. I DO care about pointless wing bashing on this site because I suspect that at the root of the wing attacks is a certain aggravation surrounding wings being vastly more popular, so I chose to comment. In your first statement, you again commented on something you claim to not care about, my opinion.

And yes, the statistics would more than likely indicate late models are more popular, but I don't have a problem admitting that and harbor no resentment for late model racing or its fans. And just a heads up, I prefer non wing sprints more than any kind of dirt racing. As I stated above, I just get irked by unnecessary comments clearly intended to take shots at wings. You could've simply not mentioned the two series like oppweld, but no you had to make sure to strut your contempt for wings and show they're beneath you.

And yes I'm sure Twin Cities will be on your calendar. We all see you taking any chance you have on here to take a swipe at Eldora, a track that hosts about 5 of the biggest dirt track races all year.

I'm sure you don't care about anything I just wrote, but if the evidence we have so far is correct, youll comment on it anyway.
Just for the record. My not really caring on the winged deal has more to do with it's three hours to the nearest winged track and I don't see many of them or know most of them. I went to Mansfield and seen 106 of them and knew like 4. The heats were straight up and not a single pass after the first lap. That's not eldora or mansfield Im bashing, Just my view. The B mains got better with a couple pushing the envelope and making the transfer.

Eldora isn't the track I remember and went to 10 times a year for 15 years and Im not the only one who feels that way. That everything in the place has improved but the track itself, It definitely isn't the house Earl Built. I've seen three good tracks in the 12 races I've attended since Tony's owned it. One was the Blue Collar Bash that I was one of maybe 200 fans to show on a 38* october day. Another was the USAC/Eldora 50 year anniverssary and last years four crown after the 2.5hr rework. The rest were either overpacked slow motion dust bowls or cancelled for dust, fog, whatever.

The problem with your response to mine is that you ASS/U/ME to know the reasons I post what I did. Break it down.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/18/17 at 8:55 PM.

9/18/17, 9:16 PM   #26
racefan20

I think the change in the track at Eldora happened long before Tony took over. After Doty got hurt I think that Earl purposely tried to slow it down. After that when you showed up at the track all you saw was sheepsfoot marks all the way around it. That being said the wing guys like a slicker track so its not so bad for them. Since the 4 crown added the All Stars there is now no standalone USAC shows at Eldora anymore. I think its pretty evident which way Tony is going schedule wise at Eldora and for sure its not making non-wing fans too optimistic.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

6 members like this post: Charles Nungester, duel, jim goerge, ronmil, Simon_says17, tamati
9/18/17, 10:00 PM   #27
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

Last edited by GYATK94; 2/22/23 at 12:01 PM.

9/18/17, 10:18 PM   #28
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I didn't call you a a$$. I meant that assuming what I was thinking makes a ass out of you and me.

I wasn't winged bashing. I just don't care. I don't know enough of em to make a educated guess. If I go and see a good race, I'll call it good. I know Rico and I know Shatz. One won't be there Saturday and I doubt the Haudenschilds will either (Which I also know) Hannigan ran well there. IDK.

You just couldn't let my picks stand as it were. I wasn't telling anyone what to choose or where to go and because I put IDC for ASCOC and WoO it's a big deal to someone.

John had a point, They slowed it down intentional. They even cut the cushion off a few times I've been there. Last years Sprintacular the NW sprints were running 20 second laps. It's not a bash, But a fact to say I seen street stocks run faster there. I hope it's a little faster Saturday if I go. I was leaning that way as it's a bit closer than TCRP.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/18/17 at 10:21 PM.

9/18/17, 10:42 PM   #29
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

Last edited by GYATK94; 2/22/23 at 12:01 PM.

1 member likes this post: motorhead748
9/18/17, 11:27 PM   #30
Kydehart

That lets race two race was really something to see. I consider myself fortunate to have been there to see it and I can't wait for Friday and Saturday this weekend however it turns out. The opportunity to see 4 classes of open wheel race cars is enough for me to smile just thinking about it.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Big E 4 Crown picks