IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Freddie Rahmer
9/20/17, 11:26 AM   #1
Freddie Rahmer
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

Even though it is winged sprint racing news I am passing along to everyone the news that Freddie Rahmer, the 21 year old son of Fred Rahmer, will be driving the Brent Kaeding owned sprinter at the Trophy Cup on October 19-21 at the Thunderbowl Raceway in Tulare, California.

Good to see national recognition for this talented youngster from Pennsylvania and hope he does well out on the left coast in October.

Bruce Eckel

9/20/17, 8:23 PM   #2
Re: Freddie Rahmer
jonboat15

Been a fan of his old man for about 35 years, helluva racer. I think Freddie jr. may even be a better driver than ol Fritz. Cars are much more equal these days than when Fred was driving which everyone knows makes it harder to get to the front. The boy has done his homework and has proved he has the potential to become one of the future stars of winged 410 racing, most likely will be the Williams Grove track champ this year. The Keadings and the Rahmers do have some ties and its nice to see little Fred get a chance to travel off of the porch.

4 members like this post: davidm, Simon_says17, smith19, WinglessLovers
9/21/17, 4:06 AM   #3
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboat15 View Post
Been a fan of his old man for about 35 years, helluva racer. I think Freddie jr. may even be a better driver than ol Fritz. Cars are much more equal these days than when Fred was driving which everyone knows makes it harder to get to the front. The boy has done his homework and has proved he has the potential to become one of the future stars of winged 410 racing, most likely will be the Williams Grove track champ this year. The Keadings and the Rahmers do have some ties and its nice to see little Fred get a chance to travel off of the porch.
" I think Freddie jr. may even be a better driver than ol Fritz"...... ???
At this point, thats a big stretch.... maybe some day, he has a long way to go yet
Good luck Freddy, I'd love to see him do well!

9/21/17, 7:06 AM   #4
PJ Wright

One thing that I think is key: Fred made the boys work on the cars and really learn them before he ever let them strap in.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

3 members like this post: Simon_says17, smith19, WinglessLovers
9/21/17, 8:10 AM   #5
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
One thing that I think is key: Fred made the boys work on the cars and really learn them before he ever let them strap in.
Plus having Stevie Smith Jr. working with the team those couple years he drove for Fred. You could not ask for two better role models in a winged 410!

2 members like this post: PJ Wright, smith19
9/21/17, 8:24 AM   #6
Backitin

Cars being equal doesn't mean its harder to get to the front. You can also look at it that maybe some of the best drivers ever were hampered by bad cars back in the day but still performed. You can take 10 cars today and most likely half of them arnt even close in the setup anyhow. So even though the cars are all the same, they are also all different. I'd have to say the setup guy is just as important as the driver in todays winged racing.
If you really want to find the best driver, not the one that stands on it the hardest well that has to be done without wings anyhow.
Not to take anything away from the Rahmers, seen the old man drive many times. He's great.

9/21/17, 9:54 AM   #7
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backitin View Post
Cars being equal doesn't mean its harder to get to the front. You can also look at it that maybe some of the best drivers ever were hampered by bad cars back in the day but still performed. You can take 10 cars today and most likely half of them arnt even close in the setup anyhow. So even though the cars are all the same, they are also all different. I'd have to say the setup guy is just as important as the driver in todays winged racing.
If you really want to find the best driver, not the one that stands on it the hardest well that has to be done without wings anyhow.
Not to take anything away from the Rahmers, seen the old man drive many times. He's great.
That first sentence is ridiculous.
As far as finding the best drivers, don't look to see if the car has a wing or not... look to see who races the most. In that sense racing is no different than anything else, the more you do it, the better you are.

9/21/17, 11:33 AM   #8
berks co

Will Freddie Jr education help him more?
Engineering major at Penn State.

9/21/17, 11:37 AM   #9
Freddie Rahmer in BK #69!!..
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Not that he doesn't have lota talent early!!..but likely will be just like Ca. Guys tryn ta go back n run Williams Grove wit da Posse!!..these (GOOD)Ca. guys that Run Tulare all time...are just that!!..one up Advantage he"ll have, is Runnin for Brent!!..onea the ALLTIME Greats out West!!..hes Prolly 4got moren most will ever KNOW!!..Good luck everyone, always one hella TROPHY CUP Show!!...

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Freddie Rahmer