IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Eric Smith (Offline)
  #1 8/23/21 12:08 PM
I know this isn't South Dakota Open Wheel, so I figured I'd post on the next best place for non-wing and midget info. Matt Wood said ticket sales were (very poor) for the Huset's event coming up. Is the registration list following that same trend also, or is it looking like the teams will support the event even if the fans don't? Anyone know?
2 Likes: Agentry10, tirespinner
reeserx (Offline)
  #2 8/23/21 12:46 PM
Probably travel distance and prices. 125 for camping for 3 nights for nothing and if you wanna get crazy, 250 With electric hookup. Ticket price for 3 nights per person is 125-135. Not complaining, maybe it’s one of the factors. The purse money has to come from somewhere
3 Likes: addictedtodirt, jim goerge, tirespinner
jim goerge (Offline)
  #3 8/23/21 3:55 PM
I didn"t spend that much doing midget or sprint week
4 Likes: luckybuc97, Midget98, reeserx, tirespinner
Big Mike 7 (Offline)
  #4 8/23/21 7:24 PM
Maybe it’s because of the time of year, after most kids missed most of the school year last year they are all back in school full time now. I would love to go but I don’t want to have my kids miss school already when they just got back in.
tamati (Offline)
  #5 8/23/21 8:38 PM
The price for camping would make me think twice, Thats pricey for no hookups.
3 Likes: Midget98, PIT CART, tirespinner
reeserx (Offline)
  #6 8/23/21 8:42 PM
Originally Posted by tamati:
The price for camping would make me think twice, Thats pricey for no hookups.
The 10 hour trip would make it a costly trip. I get 8-9 MPG when pulling my 20 feet camper lol
Jonr (Offline)
  #7 8/23/21 8:44 PM
I really want this race to succeed. I can see myself attending in the future. However, for me, attending an event this year with a large crowd in South Dakota is a not an option. While this view may be in the minority, I would imagine that other people have the same concern.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #8 8/23/21 9:00 PM
I bet it's well attended and well represented in cars. Just it will be last minute decisions by many. Unlike events that are well established. Ton of people, You say Chili Bowl, Or Kings royal or World and they say, "Take my money"

The Mopar Million was doable for me being two to three hours from home. At that point Earl wasn't charging for camping. I had to be there. that was a 110 dollar pit pass seventeen years ago

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: chrismattlin, Dirtfan, oppweld, PIT CART
TQ29m (Offline)
  #9 8/23/21 9:18 PM
Get a diesel.

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
2 Likes: reeserx, tirespinner
wildman92 (Offline)
  #10 8/23/21 9:18 PM
We are making a week long vacation out of it. Going to visit the sights of SD early in the week then make our way back east to hit up the three night race. Agree it’s a long haul for fans and drivers. We hope it’s successful!!

Jen Kelley (she/her)
12 Likes: 95KART, Andrew S. Quinn, billw, BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, cornerthree, Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing, oppweld, racenut69, tirespinner