IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is it true
6/4/12, 10:51 PM   #21
Re: Is it true
Gee2

Please explain the no wall theory? Haubstaudt is one of the best tracks around and it has a wall around it.... you all say it will destroy equipment.... it doesnt seem like that at Haub.. I think too many drivers are hugin the bottom at b-town and when a driver slips over the cushion or banking runin the rim at b-town and they lose 5-10 spots they shut down the car for the yellow to come out so they have a better chance to catching the field . Not trying to start stuff just my opinion.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, ronmil
6/4/12, 11:13 PM   #22
cshuman

It must look different from the back stretch stands, and especially on the track, After hot laps, Bloomington is almost always a fight to get to the tires, and normally if u run the top, u make a lot of noise to just try and keep up.. All that needs to be done is move the infield in a little bit, BUT flatten the bottom.. There is too much bank on the bottom and makes it too easy to roll around like pavement. Of course that's all just another opinion from another bonehead driver lol

Posted via Mobile Device

6/4/12, 11:18 PM   #23
Gee2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
It must look different from the back stretch stands, and especially on the track, After hot laps, Bloomington is almost always a fight to get to the tires, and normally if u run the top, u make a lot of noise to just try and keep up.. All that needs to be done is move the infield in a little bit, BUT flatten the bottom.. There is too much bank on the bottom and makes it too easy to roll around like pavement. Of course that's all just another opinion from another bonehead driver lol

Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for your post... its easy for us arm chair quarterbacks to judge what you guys do out there and or how a track should be. I have the up most respect of a sprint car driver because I feel that there is no other race car driver in the world with as much ba#ls as a guy that can wheel a sprint car.... wing or non wing it doesnt matter.

6/4/12, 11:31 PM   #24
Bill Gardner
Administrator

No wall! Its the "bonehead" equipment that I don't want tore up! The Chrome moly is worthless without a bonehead behind the wheel!

Sorry Casey. Couldn't resist.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/4/12, 11:32 PM   #25
cshuman

Lol

Posted via Mobile Device

6/4/12, 11:58 PM   #26
treecitytornado

Well when Bloomington has a cushion you can ride and something down low, it makes it interesting. I remember running the cushion one night, was running 4th, and a guy named Jon Stanbrough in the Hazen 57, passed me on the bottom. Then I moved it down there to make sure I didn't give up anything else. It's not as fun down there, but sometimes that's just where you gotta go on any race track, not just Bloomington.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/5/12, 1:52 AM   #27
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Please don't change it at all. It's great just how it is. Don't be stupid.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: bigq11, Chastain75
6/5/12, 11:14 AM   #28
wallbanger II

try to learn a lesson from lburg. great plase to watch a race.
but was a lot racer on the old track and easy on equtment.
looks like shu has the answers

6/5/12, 6:42 PM   #29
racefanindy

First off, I think Bloomington is a great race track. I've never been to Bloomington where the track wasn't tacky & fast. Great facility. I agree with the comments about not adding walls. If they were to spend a bunch of money at Bloomington, I'd much rather see it spent on the grandstands. Those wooden benches are so close together in some spots that you can hardly walk between them, much less sit behind someone without poking them in the back with your knee!

1 member likes this post: ByronMack
6/6/12, 10:34 AM   #30
racingdanger

The old Atomic / KC Speedway in Ohio WAS the perfect 3/8 track; high banks , no walls.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is it true