IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
revjimk (Offline)
  #21 12/21/20 1:28 PM
Originally Posted by Dougherty20:
In early November and early December, I just lost BOTH my mother-in-law and father-in-law to COVID within 27 days of each other. I take it a bit personal when people say COVID is a HOAX. Yes, they were both in their 80's, but it isn't a HOAX. We can all be carriers, even if we don't get sick or have symptoms.

I want to race as bad as the next person. Yes, I will attend races even with this pandemic but please stop calling it a hoax.
Sorry for your loss & THANK YOU
5 Likes: fish, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, Will Shunk, WinglessLovers
Joe Schaub (Offline)
  #22 12/21/20 2:37 PM
Seeing how my last name isn't *****, I don't hide inside. Will make every race I can. I dont even wear a mask except when on my way into and out of church. While in church, no mask.

Just here to read threads, enjoy racing and no drama.
7 Likes: addictedtodirt, chrismattlin, flagboy55, jonboat15, nathans1012, PIT CART, Sprints fan 11
jonboat15 (Offline)
  #23 12/21/20 3:09 PM
Since this thread has some side tracks, how about we thank good ole china for giving us a big ole lump of coal for the holidays and the whole year as a matter of fact.
I'll go to the races like always until it gets a little stale then I wish I could go to IN or IL. I do follow covid guidelines so I don't offend people but I haven't washed my homemade mask since my wife made it for me in the Spring.
I love racing, it has always been a constant in my life no matter what struggles I may go through on the journey. I just can't even imagine a life without racing. Merry Christmas everyone.
8 Likes: addictedtodirt, davidm, duel, Eatin Dirt, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #24 12/21/20 3:15 PM
Well Our Gov today said it's variable from state to state but generally.
Group
1-A Healthcare workers and nursing/retirement home/assisted living. In Ohio he expects second shots to be completed by end of Jan.

Group
1-B First responders/People over 75 Completion hopefully before April

Group
1-C 60yrs and older and those 18-60 with pre existing conditions Completion June/July BY APPOINTMENT with pharmacies

Group
1-D Anyone who wants one by appt. Starting June/July

Variables If three-four or five vaccines and we know of three more in phase three trials become available. This will accelerate
Number of people who actually take vaccine.

Dewine, Today. says pretty confident in 1-A being done by feb. Rest is outline.

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: dirt330, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, Will Shunk
captrat (Offline)
  #25 12/21/20 6:31 PM
Originally Posted by duel:
99.30% will not perish from this. We have been played. All hospitals are paid big money incentives to stamp someone "died of covid" even if they didn't die from it. Way overblown my opinion. 10 months now of panic from the media. I Had to take my wife into the emergency last week ann arbor. I could not enter? They tried to tie it to covid. Nothing at all to do with what her condition was. Not saying it's not there. It's being used for political purposes. I went to many races with lots of people in stands last year. Stay home if you are worried. That's freedom of choice. I am 66.
Utter conspiracy nonsense. If it did not have the potential to harm others it would be looked upon as a poor attempt at dark humor.
5 Likes: Danny Burton, fish, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, spicoli
captrat (Offline)
  #26 12/21/20 6:35 PM
Originally Posted by Joe Schaub:
Seeing how my last name isn't *****, I don't hide inside. Will make every race I can. I dont even wear a mask except when on my way into and out of church. While in church, no mask.
I understood that political comments were a no no?
8 Likes: duel, EBookerFan, fish, jim goerge, Jonr, Ken Bonnema, mc/rider, racenut69
Will Shunk (Offline)
  #27 12/21/20 6:53 PM
Losing more I know to the virus right now. So sad. I am old and slow but made about 20 shows this past season with a mask and distance. I did not do much socializing and many avoided me because I wore the mask. They thought I was sick. (I learned a trick flying SW air in 2018, where you jockey for your seat,...wear a mask and you get to have the middle seat empty.) Back to racing 2021, I plan on Florida USAC and back outdoors in April for any BOSS shows and Kokomo Midget Gran Prix. If vaccinated by May, it will be full on heading to all that is the month of May in Indy. Stay safe everyone!
5 Likes: addictedtodirt, billm233, ISF, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema
PJ Wright (Offline)
  #28 12/21/20 7:02 PM
Well this thread took a predictable turn. But to answer the original question, as soon as the gates open for a race I want to attend, I plan on being there. The only fear that will keep me away is the fear of watching 4 classes of fenders time trial, such as happened at a certain southern track a few weeks ago.

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
7 Likes: addictedtodirt, Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, duel, jim goerge, luckybuc97, racenut69
duel (Offline)
  #29 12/21/20 8:01 PM
I am truly sorry for anyone who has lost a loved one from this nasty china flu. Yes it's very contagious. The gov has incentivized covid 19 the cause of death to all hospitals. They are tying all illnesses to it. Not a conspiracy theory but fact. These numbers are what the media can't wait to spew out everyday. I don't believe the masks help that much and I don't believe the high toll we are being told. See you at the races.
6 Likes: addictedtodirt, chrismattlin, flagboy55, jonboat15, skids59, streetglider
bigvee (Offline)
  #30 12/21/20 8:20 PM
I had COVID over Thanksgiving. It just made me fell a little achy and really tired but I have been a lot sicker than that in my life. Now the doctors tell me I have antibodies and it is unlikely that I can get it again at least for awhile, so I guess I am going to see as many races as my budget allows.
4 Likes: addictedtodirt, Dougherty20, jim goerge, jonboat15
Closed Thread