IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Respect/Rules
7/25/22, 4:41 PM   #21
Re: USAC Respect/Rules
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Just an apples to apples comparison. There was a worse fight at Williams Grove Friday night. Have heard nothing of suspensions. There was also a fight at Fremont, not sure if anything happened there. I feel those were both worse, because they happened in the pits, and others got involved. I am not sure I remember anyone ever being suspended for fighting. I do remember people being fined. I think Leary probably needs a fine and probation. May not have been the best way to do it, but I think the whole thing created excitement, and was in no way detrimental to the sport. It may even sell tickets. I am not going to compare something years ago that is not connected. I welcome anyone who has an example of a suspension in any sprint series for a one time altercation. Sorry, but I cannot call that a fight. No matter what is said and done, CJ will have to live with the video of a very weak drop kick forever. For me that would almost be punishment enough. I am going to the races. You guys enjoy your conspiracy theories.
Brent you can never ever ever forget the suspension by Usac for something that did not happen on the track. This is no conspiracy theory. If Usac and their favorite son Phony Stewart got butt hurt about truthful tweets, but not for a clown attacking a strapped in driver, then we come from different worlds of reality.
You have also grouped all Ballou fans as people who don’t care about him just the social bs. I hope you don’t meet some of his fans and say that to their face. As a fan of his I take issue with that.
You hold the water bottle for Usac and that’s fine. Just understand not everybody buys into what they say. Also no suspension means every time someone gets dumped, kung fu fighting is fair game. I’ll take Ballou.

4 members like this post: bighd0522, ossuks, progressive22, snowdrift
7/25/22, 4:43 PM   #22
Sprint63122

Quote:
One more question. I was at Haubstadt several years ago. Robert went after Daron Clayton in victory lane. Did the MSCS suspend him? Was it because his wife at the time was the MSCS scorer, or was it because they didn't deem it necessary?. My guess is they didn't deem it necessary. Why no conspiracy theories then?
How much did you have to drink that night Brent seen you stagger down enough bleachers over the years, because you need to correct yourself here . Robert was at Daron's when in victory lane he was standing on Daron's right rear tire as Daron was unbuckling and all that was done is he was saying something to him about the feature race that night he was not happy about never laid a hand on him or touched him. If you find a video you will see me standing about 15 ft. away from this happening. Everyone knows on here you are a usac cheerleader which is your choice not mine but you need to stop flaming everyone who says they are not a professional organization they play there favorites and do not enforce rules and there tech is bush league. Been a fan in the stands to sponsoring and working on these cars for a lot of years you learn a lot just by standing by watching the circus in action.

7/25/22, 6:00 PM   #23
fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
then we come from different worlds of reality.
Yep. And thank goodness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint63122 View Post
How much did you have to drink that night
Ugh!!!!!!!! If you can't make your point without going there, then SHUSH.
Last edited by fish; 7/25/22 at 6:19 PM.

7/25/22, 11:08 PM   #24
flagboy55

Aren’t we glad they didn’t suspend CJ? I know I am

4 members like this post: fish, interpreter66, Kydehart, tirespinner
7/26/22, 12:42 AM   #25
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I remember a few years back at Kokomo. Windom taking a couple swings at someone in victory lane ceremony and ended up clocking Levi. No suspension there. Was that because His GF was Flo Girl then?

Sure glad Drake isn't someone's GF

P.S. I got nothing against anyone of them or their GF's. A drivers wife or whatever working with USAC has happened for years. I remember getting a pit pass at THAT and Mrs. D was the seller.
Windom told me that he and his Dad were fined $10,000 each. Both had to pay before he could compete again. By the way that was before flo did the USAC races. It was SpeedShift and she never worked for them. Hate when facts ruin a good conspiracy. Nice talking to Chief Wahoo tonight.

7 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, dstensland, fish, luckybuc97, racenut69, TBONE, tirespinner
7/26/22, 2:12 AM   #26
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Nice talking to Chief Wahoo tonight.
And we did it without Kung Fu Fighting. We agreed on some things and didn't on others. Still believe that Leary should have gotten some sort of punishment out of the deal. What made me cringe the most (and some people tonight told me that they had forgotten about it), was Ballou's arm. Not sure which one he severely broke, but I was hopping that it wasn't the one Leary was trying to kick. How would that have looked or turned out if he damaged that arm he had all the surgery on?

7/26/22, 8:51 AM   #27
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Windom told me that he and his Dad were fined $10,000 each. Both had to pay before he could compete again. By the way that was before flo did the USAC races. It was SpeedShift and she never worked for them. Hate when facts ruin a good conspiracy.
That is Correct Brent, Chris was fined $10,000 for that

7/26/22, 9:57 AM   #28
flagboy55

Just to add a couple more items, one Brent touched on. So there has been some extracurriculars in other series. As many of you know, and Funk added, Outlaws had a dust up, as well as the AFCS series in Fremont. Also a WOO official appeared to attack a crew member at a race in Wisconsin recently. I want to be clear, I might have missed it, but haven’t seen any statements from any series on disciplinary action for those activities. I know Duane from AFCS is on here occasionally, maybe he can elaborate. But my point is that to put it all on USAC, like they’re the only ones that may or may not make the right call, is really short sighted. No one is perfect, but USAC still has the best racing!

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, ROSS, tirespinner, Will Shunk
7/26/22, 10:55 AM   #29
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Just to add a couple more items, one Brent touched on. So there has been some extracurriculars in other series. As many of you know, and Funk added, Outlaws had a dust up, as well as the AFCS series in Fremont. Also a WOO official appeared to attack a crew member at a race in Wisconsin recently. I want to be clear, I might have missed it, but haven’t seen any statements from any series on disciplinary action for those activities. I know Duane from AFCS is on here occasionally, maybe he can elaborate. But my point is that to put it all on USAC, like they’re the only ones that may or may not make the right call, is really short sighted. No one is perfect, but USAC still has the best racing!
I hope I only have to remind you, Funk, and everyone else carrying the torch for Usac one more time. They set the precedent for their series and no other by suspending a driver for tweeting. Yes 55 I said tweeting. It’s kinda like putting a school kid in detention for name calling but letting the same kid get away with punching another and say well they don’t do anything about it in the other schools. Usac brought this on themselves. They decided to play the suspension game. Once again this wasn’t WoO, ASCoC, ASCS, Fed Ex, UPS or any other anything. It was USAC. Let’s please stay on course here. At Lawrenceburg Sunday a Usac official was asked hours before the event if Leary was suspended. His response was no. He sighted the Tmez/Axsom deal at Kutztown last year as an example of no suspension. Don’t remember him trying a drop kick to the driver on that tho. So the official was then asked does that mean that anything similar to Friday nite is fair game??? Perplexed the guy really didn’t want to answer. It’s not a conspiracy when a precedent is set and that happened in 2018 when they suspended a guy for playing on his phone.

I’m going to paraphrase here but Funk says the Ballou fans are a cult and care about RB. So sadly mistaken he is. It’s ok tho, I’ve said it before, I feel like big changes are coming next year and this may not be a topic to discuss again.

Sure hope the weather holds tonite for Kokomo. Usually the best race of the week.

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, bighd0522, flagboy55, FrankR63
7/26/22, 11:22 AM   #30
wrtracing

Bobbie Ballou is the driver that everyone is so proud of for speaking his mind in public forums. He bitches about other drivers, race track conditions and everything else under the sun. He always lets us know he has a full time job (poor me). At Gas City he took out Darland, Bacon & Leary. They are 3 guys that will be in the Hall of Fame. I may have missed it but I haven’t heard a peep out of him. If he is such a stand up guy wouldn’t he apologize or at the very least offer some sort of explanation?

There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way.

Christopher Morley

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Respect/Rules