IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoffman Racing reaches one milestone and next year another
6/29/08, 2:01 PM   #1
Hoffman Racing reaches one milestone and next year another
Big T 69

The win at RIR Friday night was "officially" the Team's 70th USAC National Sprint Car victory. The Hoffman Team is very proud of that accomplishment, with the level of competition in USAC it is quite a feat.

I have been proud to be a part of this Team from day 1. Never more so than on Friday night when members of the Team went to the aid of driver Brad Sweet. Brad and the car caught on fire and ended up by our pit at RIR. Our man Dan Launderville helped Brad get off the roll cage and helped put out the fire . He received a minor burn on his arm. In the garage area, we are all fierce competitors that would do anything to help another Team. This was a perfect example of this Racing Family to me.

Next year will mark the 80th anniversary of competition for the Team. Gus "Old Timer" Hoffman founded the Team in 1929. We have big plans to celebrate next year with a special collectors t shirt and poster highlighting famous Hoffman cars from the various eras and the drivers who have driven for the Team. We will be posting on our web site in the next few days the current list we have of drivers. Our web site is www.hoffmanracing.com. If anyone can think of any driver we may have missed please come back with a reply. Any ideas you may have for next year would also be appreciated. As always we appreciate our fans and thank you for your support over all these years.

Tim Waechter
VP Marketing Hoffman Racing

6/29/08, 2:06 PM   #2
Re: Hoffman Racing reaches one milestone and next year another
Honest-Sam

I was in Hoffman's pit during the race, and yes indeed, when they see fire, they run TO it. Dan had his hands on Brad Sweet before I could even stand my tired azz up.:respect:

6/29/08, 5:21 PM   #3
gasitup71

...what an impressive list !...congradulations on both milestones !...

6/30/08, 11:38 AM   #4
jwarner

Congrats Jerry Coons Jr. and Hoffman Racing!! What an accomplishment!! The wins, but the longevity in racing at such a high level for all these years is even more awesome!!! Once again Great job!!!

6/30/08, 12:23 PM   #5
Gregg

Talk about a who's who of racing.

Congrats on your win and your heroics at Richmond and on your upcoming anniversery.

6/30/08, 1:23 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Congrats to HAR, Coondog and the entire staff.

Don't forget the little guys who contributed to some of your championship seasons as well.

Hope HAR is around for another 80 years and Oldtimer has a smile on his face in Heaven.

Chuck

6/30/08, 2:38 PM   #7
Seadog

Congrats to the hometown team! Fantastic!

Kind of scary looking at the list of drivers list: I have personally seen all but two of them drive!

6/30/08, 3:10 PM   #8
RichH

Congrats to HAR, our home team, from Buckeye Autorace Fan Club. Now, let's do #71 at the 'Burg!!

6/30/08, 3:19 PM   #9
Millsvideo

Mr. Waechter,

I may be being too technical here, but THIS campaign is your 80th season. Providing that a car was fielded at least once in every year since the team's inception, 1929 - 2008 is 80 different years of actual racing competition. True, your 80th anniversary doesn't actually occur until 2009 (and I do realize you did say "anniversary"), which would then be your 81st year of fielding race cars. Regardless, the fact that this team still competes and thrives is a remarkable accomplishment in and of itself. Congratulations on both of these impressive milestones. Your hard work and dedication is evident every time your team fields a car.

70 USAC wins in 53 years of USAC competition is an amazing, and obviously unprecedented feat. As a fan first and foremost, let me say thank you to the entire Hoffman family and team, for all you have done to add to this great sport of ours. Sincerely,

Dean Mills
Mills Video Productions

6/30/08, 4:41 PM   #10
RichH

Dean, Tim can answer better but I think there were some years they didn't compete in sprints at all - the Indy years, maybe- so their average wins per year probably is more than one would think at first glance.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoffman Racing reaches one milestone and next year another