IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racegurl68 (Offline)
  #1 7/29/20 10:13 PM
Hit the nail on the head!"screwed over by a BS caution." Actually two of them.
8 Likes: bigq11, chrismattlin, jim goerge, luckybuc97, ryan84, superstock30, throb, tirespinner
throb (Offline)
  #2 7/29/20 10:17 PM
The last one didn’t make a lot of sense...as the stopped car was off two and would have been encountered well after the checkered fell. The first one they had to throw since a car was driving backward into oncoming traffic...in one of the dumbest moves I’ve ever seen...

Rob Botts
8 Likes: chrismattlin, erich45, jim goerge, jonboat15, luckybuc97, ryan84, superstock30, tirespinner
revjimk (Offline)
  #3 7/29/20 10:21 PM
Yea, I'm sure USAC officials know the rules better than I do, but he pretty much got screwed. I don't think whatever caused the yellows (couldn't see it on Flo) affected the 3 cars in the lead. If it was up to me, Stockon would have been declared the winner first time around.
But its not up to me, rules are rules....
2 Likes: ryan84, tirespinner
Kendall2020 (Offline)
  #4 7/29/20 10:23 PM
I get going back to the last scored lap. However didnt they just run a 32 lap race? why wasnt the green and white thrown
at the same time?
7 Likes: Adolph, jim goerge, ryan84, sprinter31, superstock30, tirespinner, TQ97
otispoole (Offline)
  #5 7/29/20 10:35 PM
That is twice, Gas City and tonight....
2 Likes: ryan84, tirespinner
DJlives (Offline)
  #6 7/29/20 10:35 PM
It is gone over in the driver's meeting as it was tonight. The finish is going to be green, white, checkered...If yellow comes out on lap 29...same deal
5 Likes: fish, jonboat15, oppweld, tirespinner, Will Shunk
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #7 7/30/20 12:05 AM
The first caution was the right call. The second caution was dumb, should have been a yellow/checkered flag and the race should have been over.
9 Likes: BLASTER1, chrismattlin, erich45, jim goerge, luckybuc97, ryan84, sprinter31, superstock30, tirespinner
Hubie (Offline)
  #8 7/30/20 12:11 AM
I feel really bad for Stockon. He won the race IMO.
7 Likes: chrismattlin, jim goerge, luckybuc97, ryan84, sprint17jr, superstock30, tirespinner
Adolph (Offline)
  #9 7/30/20 7:18 AM
Originally Posted by throb:
The last one didn’t make a lot of sense...as the stopped car was off two and would have been encountered well after the checkered fell. The first one they had to throw since a car was driving backward into oncoming traffic...in one of the dumbest moves I’ve ever seen...
Driving backwards into the leaders in the last turn of a race at Terre Haute is by far the dumbest thing I ever saw on any track. I saw somebody do it once at a drag strip, but that was a street car during practice night at Lucas Oil. This was a professional driver.
3 Likes: jim goerge, luckybuc97, tirespinner
Adolph (Offline)
  #10 7/30/20 7:27 AM
Originally Posted by DJlives:
It is gone over in the driver's meeting as it was tonight. The finish is going to be green, white, checkered...If yellow comes out on lap 29...same deal
So there were three lap 29 scored and any passes that occurred during those laps counted. So there were 32 green flag laps that counted. Almost makes sense.
3 Likes: jim goerge, luckybuc97, tirespinner