interpreter66 (Offline)
  #51 11/10/18 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by 410fuelinjected:
Why don't we let TC & JG work it out?
Smartest post on the whole thread!👍
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, erich45
SoIllSprinter (Offline)
  #52 11/10/18 12:28 PM
I haven’t seen a quote yet from Justin Grant being upset nor have I seen a mangled race car. I haven’t seen any but the highlights so I have no idea what happened after the race. I have heard Grant be almost apologetic about how he got the lead. I am a huge fan of Ballou, but he got what he deserved, he was biting the hand so to say. If the Ballou situation had not occurred this would not be a discussion, I think. Axes to grind and all.
6 Likes: Big Mike 7, BrentTFunk, Hubie, interpreter66, jjones752, PJ Wright
spankytoo (Offline)
  #53 11/10/18 1:46 PM
Nope it is not sarcastic. Watched KT do it at least 10 times this year alone. They have it perfected to the point that the fans don't see it most of the time. A Right Rear into the left side nerf bar. The only one that sees it is the one who gets the bump and run.

If you look in your mirror and see a line of cars behind you, be kind and pull over.
msan16 (Offline)
  #54 11/10/18 5:57 PM
dumping someone after the checkered makes no sense. its like punching the owner or mechanics, not the driver. owner will pay for new parts and mechanics will work all night to have car ready, while driver sleeps. in the heat of the moment ive done it and had it done to me, the stupidity of it became clear when, after an on track incident, cottle(whose driven and won in our car) pulled into the pits and mashed our rear bumper and tail tank right in front of me because he was mad at tmez. well tmez didnt replace/pay, i did. likewise for the front bumper of the car shane drove that night. really pissed me off.
5 Likes: Charles Nungester, Daisy's dad, Hubie, jim goerge, mc/rider
E.P. (Offline)
  #55 11/10/18 6:08 PM
Originally Posted by D.N.3:
The suspension for tweeting from my understanding was not a one time deal. It has been constant for the last couple years. Bashing the series you race for and tracks that they are invited to race at. He was given several warnings before they finally suspended him. Tyler on the other hand keeps his nose clean, so does Justin. Occasionally you’re going to have heated moments from a race. That’s part of what makes these races and championships so exciting.
If you want USAC to do what they did to Ballou, then Tyler should have his first warning. He’s got a few more before he gets suspended.

And congratulations to Justin and Topp Motorsports on their win!
Getting suspended for using Twitter is hardly comparable to using your car to run over someone. In the Tweet somebody gets their feelings hurt from what some blow hard had to say in a tweet. If you don’t like it you have the option of ignoring. Using your car to run over someone can go south real quick and turn out far worse than a negative tweet. My .02

Eric B. Pethtel
6 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge, oppweld, ossuks, Rpracing1, trannyman
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #56 11/10/18 6:23 PM
Originally Posted by E.P.:
Getting suspended for using Twitter is hardly comparable to using your car to run over someone. In the Tweet somebody gets their feelings hurt from what some blow hard had to say in a tweet. If you don’t like it you have the option of ignoring. Using your car to run over someone can go south real quick and turn out far worse than a negative tweet. My .02
Did you see it? Was it a tap to the bumper or did he run over him? If he ran over him, I would think Justin would be angry, and not apologetic. Since you are an ex USAC official I would like to know what you saw.
3 Likes: jim goerge, luckybuc97, rclaridge
racefan20 (Offline)
  #57 11/10/18 8:27 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
I tried to, but my post was deleted, because of bias of some moderaters on this board.
No Brent your post was deleted because you insinuated that the other poster was gay. That is not allowed on this board and will not be tolerated. You are smart enough to know that. Just because someone does not agree with you it doesnt mean they are attacking you as you said in your PM. I dont appreciate being told that I have a bias. It really doesnt matter which side of the issue I agree with I am just enforcing the rules of the board which you broke. This really reminds me of what is wrong with this country these days, if someone disagrees then rather than agreeing to disagree then that person thinks they are being attacked. Get a thicker skin Brent you will live a happier life if you do.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
8 Likes: addictedtodirt, Hubie, Jerry Shaw, progressive22, rick42, rmcar, Rpracing1, stp6237
HDINDY (Offline)
  #58 11/10/18 8:50 PM
You guy's should walk up to sunshine and tell him how you feel. Nothing better than a driver kicking the **** of a no talent spectator.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, rclaridge
Hamby454 (Offline)
  #59 11/10/18 11:02 PM
Nothing will come of this. Tyler Thomas drove over a guy at Haubstadt earlier this year under caution. Hit him so hard it broke the rear end. He got black flagged for the heat and that was it. There may be a rule about it. Not positive but I think it’s a fine.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, rclaridge
rclaridge (Offline)
  #60 11/10/18 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by Hamby454:
Nothing will come of this. Tyler Thomas drove over a guy at Haubstadt earlier this year under caution. Hit him so hard it broke the rear end. He got black flagged for the heat and that was it. There may be a rule about it. Not positive but I think it’s a fine.
I was thinking of that exact incident. Thomas drilled Chet Williams and is lucky Chet is a gentle giant!
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, Hamby454