IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Question about visiting these 3 tracks..
6/23/19, 6:39 PM   #11
Re: Question about visiting these 3 tracks..
ModernDayDrifter

Race Count This Year: 47
Race Count Last Year: 37

ThePurple73,

I will definitely check out those two sites if time permits. We may also entertain the idea of adjusting our schedule to show up at the track later in the morning so we can check out the sites of Springfield.

ISF,

Thank you for the explanation on watching hot laps from turn 3. That is surely where you will be able to find me. Also, we have looked at going to Mighty Macon but due to going to the Shinedown concert that is more than likely out the window for now. But will keep it in mind in case something changes.

6/24/19, 9:50 AM   #12
Re: Question about visiting these 3 tracks..
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernDayDrifter View Post
ThePurple73,

I will definitely check out those two sites if time permits. We may also entertain the idea of adjusting our schedule to show up at the track later in the morning so we can check out the sites of Springfield.

ISF,

Thank you for the explanation on watching hot laps from turn 3. That is surely where you will be able to find me. Also, we have looked at going to Mighty Macon but due to going to the Shinedown concert that is more than likely out the window for now. But will keep it in mind in case something changes.
I need to hone my reading comprehension skills! I read earlier in the thread that you were doing the grandstand concert but completely forgot. The Macon advise will be useful in the future. I believe after you've taken part in the whole Silver Crown/State Fair experience at Springfield you'll be anxious to do it again with Macon being included. In addition, take a good look at Du Quoin just 2 weeks later. Same overall deal but a significantly different experience being a night show, etc.

If the Bettenhausen Memorial is anywhere near as good (and it should easily be) as the past 3 or 4 years you'll be more than happy you made the trip. Keep in mind that The Springfield Mile is some of the most hallowed auto racing ground in the world. Granted, it isn't as significant as it once was but there is still an unmistakable aura!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Question about visiting these 3 tracks..