IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Your thoughts on this Sprint Car crash. Purpose or not?
10/25/14, 1:21 AM   #1
Your thoughts on this Sprint Car crash. Purpose or not?
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Your thoughts on this Sprint Car Crash. Purpose or not?
Did the fellow competitor go over board with the retaliation?

Just wondered you thoughts on this from the Open Wheel drivers, pit crews, track officials, & fans.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXAM0...ature=youtu.be

1 member likes this post: I Miss Manzy
10/25/14, 5:54 AM   #2
Re: Your thoughts on this Sprint Car crash. Purpose or not?
hoscalecody

looks like a person that went over board and it seems to be happening a lot which is sad. so i say it was on purpose and a very very immature move.
Last edited by hoscalecody; 10/25/14 at 5:55 AM.

5 members like this post: addictedtodirt, fish, luckybuc97, nathans1012, ronmil
10/25/14, 8:33 AM   #3
Sprintcarfanatic

Said Jeff Swindell was DQ'd the night before & a lot of people said that was just racing & he shouldn't have been.

Then Crawley & Hull get together & Crawley went after Hull. Hull must have seen him just as he was exiting car because he grabs Crawley & gives him a belly to belly suflex.

Harli should walk up to Riggins calmly & kick him right in the you know where. If he has any left after that move.

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, mowerman
10/25/14, 9:13 AM   #4
Tief

It looks to me like the black car (#17) in front checked up pretty hard in the corner - the yellow car (#7?) closed on him real quick. Also - I watched it a whole bunch of times - it looks like the wheels of the #7 are locked at the point of impact, suggesting he was hard on the brakes. The #7 also took the low line on the previous lap through 3 and 4 so it's not like he was going somewhere he hadn't been before. Racing accident. That's how I see it.

-A fan

10/25/14, 9:29 AM   #5
cshuman

You are crazy to think that's just a racing deal. The black car took a shot at her the lap before and missed, and flat out drove through her the next lap..

10/25/14, 9:45 AM   #6
Rpracing1

Purpose....zero question

3 members like this post: hoscalecody, interpreter66, koolaid89
10/25/14, 9:53 AM   #7
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

Looked like he had his sights set on the tail of that car for a whole lap. Sure didn't look like he was trying to avoid her.

1 member likes this post: hoscalecody
10/25/14, 10:05 AM   #8
Jerry Spencer

A ass whipping would have been in order maybe not at the track but at the gas station or resturant someplace I would run into them and we would settle this mess.

Jerry #66j

10/25/14, 10:28 AM   #9
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

Hope this guy is paying for his own stuff and I'm sorry for the person paying for hers.

3 members like this post: FishBurger, Puppy, racephoto1
10/25/14, 11:27 AM   #10
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
You are crazy to think that's just a racing deal. The black car took a shot at her the lap before and missed, and flat out drove through her the next lap..
This all goes back to the drivers up-bringing, and how they were taught to race. There is Something that exist that we call "racing room". It has to do with the placement of the overtaking car's front wheel in relation to the cockpit of the car being overtaken. In the old days before all the driver safety stuff like cages, shoulder belts, neck restraints, etc driving like this could have caused some very serious repercussions, like bodily injury, and or maybe "Death". I guess because of these advancements courtesy and etiquette have gone by the wayside.

My Daddy taught me that if I could see the other racers front wheel that I was supposed to give them "Racing Room" not slow down but to not drive through them. Have you ever seen pictures of the "Great Ones" in the past racing side by side through the turn inches apart and their front wheels all turned to the same degree and very seldom touching. That is racing room. Dad also taught me that I did not have a rear view mirror, and that I was responsible for the guy in front of me and conversely the guy behind me was responsible for me. This doesn't seem to be the case here. Brake Check "maybe" but I couldn't tell for sure. I do know that It sure didn't come out the way it was supposed to for either racer.

Nothing in this clip shows that any regard for this bit of racing "etiquette" had been observed. I would assume that the driver had learned how to race by watching that "Sunday Professional Wrestling Program" sometimes known as NASCAR Racing.

Don't race "MAD" race "SMART".

Honest Dad himself

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Your thoughts on this Sprint Car crash. Purpose or not?