5/8/10, 10:24 PM   #2
Re: Lawrenceburg updates
Gregg

1. Windom
2. Memmer
3. Justin Grant
*4. Westerfeld
*5. Burdette

*I'm pretty sure this is how they ended up.

Fairly tame evening until the feature. Soudrette then Moffatt flipped in separate incidents. Moffatt left the track on the hook while Soudrette rolled to the pits. Mark Perry III led about the first half of the race until Windom made the pass. Perry tried to battle back and he too flipped hard in about the same location as the other two. Perry did get out of the car and last I heard was being checked over at the track.

Justin Grant spent most of the second half of the race with Windom in sight and drove an impressive race surrendering second to Memmer with only a few laps to go. Memmer may have had something for Windom but was just too far back at the end. Excllent win for Windom who had a fast Walker car for the first two 'burg races but this time gets a decent starting position. The checker fell just a few minutes before 10:00. 20 sprinters in the pits tonight.
Last edited by Gregg; 5/8/10 at 10:42 PM.

5 members like this post: Bruce Harrison, IndyBound, JBallou, Jimmydiesel
5/8/10, 10:34 PM   #3
FishBurger

Just home from a cool but good racing night at The 'Burg.

20 Sprints (more than I expected actually) and about 18 fans in the stands. Well, maybe a few more than that.

Heat 1 Shawn Westerfeld followed by Justin Grant and Joss Moffatt
Heat 2 John Memmer followed by Jason Soudrette and Jim Gardner
Heat 3 Chris Windom followed by Mark Perry and Andrew Elson

Feature

1. Chris Windom
2. John Memmer
3. Justin Grant

Excellent racing after a couple of rough starts. Pole sitter Jason Soudrette flipped in turn 4 on lap 1. Joss Moffatt did a not so instant replay of the Soudrette flip on lap 2. Both walked away . Nice racing throughout the field with Mark Perry leading every lap until he flipped in turn 4 just after being passed by Windom. Perry's shunt was nasty, but he too walked to the emergency unit. I don't believe he had to be transported to DCH. After that Windom was pressured some by Grant until Chris negotiated lapped traffic better leaving Justin to deal with Memmer who was flying and got by with about 3 to go. Checkered just before 10:00.

Sorry, that's the best I could do with a frozen everything.

GoodNight all!

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Seems to be an echo in here.

Gregg beat me to the keyboard, but hey, I'm old and slow.
Last edited by FishBurger; 5/12/10 at 9:44 PM.

3 members like this post: Bruce Harrison, IndyBound, Jimmydiesel
5/8/10, 10:59 PM   #4
Gregg

No, I think I might have been faster because I synchopated the typing with my shivering.

:

5/9/10, 4:24 PM   #5
chuckwells69

when oh when will they fix that hole between three and four? Are they waiting for someone to get seriously hurt or what

5/9/10, 4:56 PM   #6
StandOnThePedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckwells69 View Post
when oh when will they fix that hole between three and four? Are they waiting for someone to get seriously hurt or what
It didn’t get a hole in the middle of 3 and 4, it just built a big cushion and it bit allot of people. some were more fortunate than others dealing with the trickery than normal corner.

Thanks for the awesome track Dave, it was a blast to race on!!

5/9/10, 6:26 PM   #7
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBurger View Post
Just home from a cool but good racing night at The 'Burg.

20 Sprints (more than I expected actually) and about 18 fans in the stands. Well, maybe a few more than that.

Heat 1 Shawn Westerfeld followed by Justin Grant and Joss Moffatt
Heat 2 John Memmer followed by Jason Soudrette and Jim Gardner
Heat 3 Chris Windom followed by Mark Perry and Andrew Elston

Feature

1. Chris Windom
2. John Memmer
3. Justin Grant

Excellent racing after a couple of rough starts. Pole sitter Jason Soudrette flipped in turn 4 on lap 1. Joss Moffatt did a not so instant replay of the Soudrette flip on lap 2. Both walked away . Nice racing throughout the field with Mark Perry leading every lap until he flipped in turn 4 just after being passed by Windom. Perry's shunt was nasty, but he too walked to the emergency unit. I don't believe he had to be transported to DCH. After that Windom was pressured some by Grant until Chris negotiated lapped traffic better leaving Justin to deal with Memmer who was flying and got by with about 3 to go. Checkered just before 10:00.

Sorry, that's the best I could do with a frozen everything.

GoodNight all!

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Seems to be an echo in here.

Gregg beat me to the keyboard, but hey, I'm old and slow.
FishBurger, I hope your everythings have thawed out by now. Thanks for the post.

5/9/10, 7:18 PM   #8
chrismattlin

Definitely no holes last night; the track was about as perfect as it could be.
That said, I think those who flipped will tell you that their accidents were of their own doing. If you ask me, I believe almost everyone last night was getting into 3 too soon, making an early apex, causing them to struggle to get the car turned through 4.
Only a few guys seemed to get this figured out as they got more comfortable throughout the feature. They were: Windom, Memmer, and Grant. Go figure!

5/11/10, 5:49 PM   #9
davidlyons

Yep.

I brought it up last year...... Wait til this Grant kid gets more experience.
Memmer was really fast at the end of the race. Race belonged to Windom, but Grant tracked him down before getting bottled up in lap traffic. Great race. Grant's gonna win races this summer, that team is just starting to jell and doing a great job. Who is wrenching that car?

5/11/10, 6:02 PM   #10
Z-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlyons View Post
Yep.

I brought it up last year...... Wait til this Grant kid gets more experience.
Memmer was really fast at the end of the race. Race belonged to Windom, but Grant tracked him down before getting bottled up in lap traffic. Great race. Grant's gonna win races this summer, that team is just starting to jell and doing a great job. Who is wrenching that car?
I think Karl Cripe is the wrench:2: Derek Claxton.
Last edited by Z-man; 5/12/10 at 9:42 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg updates