IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
koolaid89 (Offline)
  #11 10/18/12 1:38 PM
Originally Posted by Danny Burton:
The panel reviewed facts and information available to them. Based on the lack of material and or video evidence to review along with statements made by USAC Officials in charge of competition for the event, the panel agreed that a penalty judging intentional driver conduct during competition could not be enforced.
So they expect Dean to catch every incident with ONE camera... No pressure big guy!
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #12 10/18/12 1:48 PM
Originally Posted by Mud Packer:
One and the same.
Maybe a possible purchase of several new rigs influenced Stoops decision.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
2 Likes: jim goerge, Onlydirt
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #13 10/18/12 1:51 PM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan:
Maybe a possible purchase of several new rigs influenced Stoops decision.
I doubt it.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
Infinity Shocks (Offline)
  #14 10/18/12 1:58 PM
my question would be did mr jones stand to gain any point positions in year end points by usac changing their mind about the penalty?
DonMoore10 (Offline)
  #15 10/18/12 2:00 PM
I am just overwelmed by this decision..............
7 Likes: c47, Charles Nungester, Infinity Shocks, koolaid89, Pat O'Connor Fan, pavement#23, tim brown
Wayne Davis (Offline)
  #16 10/18/12 2:13 PM
Well i'll be a suck ass mule!!

Southern Outlaw Motorsports
Jacksonville, Florida
The Original Southern Outlaw

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

richie (Offline)
  #17 10/18/12 2:18 PM
With this move, Levi Jones now moves from 6th to 5th in the USAC Sprint Car point standings.

Plus, it moves the #20 car, which is in 2nd place, 25 points closer to the #7 team for the Owner's Point Championship.
Avon Open Wheel fan (Offline)
  #18 10/18/12 3:05 PM
Maybe WWE can by USAC and bring back Thursday night racing on TV and call in Thursday night smackdown.
UberKuhlMan (Offline)
  #19 10/18/12 3:11 PM
Sounds like there's some money being thrown around behind the scenes. USAC continues to kick themselves in the teeth.
streetglider (Offline)
  #20 10/18/12 4:05 PM
More USUC bull$hit !!!! I wonder if they will go back to 1993 and rescind Steve Butler's (unjust) penalty? Oh wait a minute....they already ran him off with a sour taste in his mouth!
3 Likes: jim goerge, pavement#23, schwarzracen27