IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown Spectacular at Terre Haute
10/17/16, 9:28 AM   #1
Silver Crown Spectacular at Terre Haute
david mitchell
Banned

I am interested in all of the theories of why the Silver Crown series is not of interest to fans or promoters.I would like the opinion of Brent of whom I had the pleasure of meeting Saturday nite at Terre Haute.If, in a perfect world a Silver Crown race was to be scheduled at Terre Haute with a 50,000 to win and a decent purse structure, would there not be plenty of cars and a capacity crowd.I believe you would have Drivers from every association trying to secure rides.Even Donny Schatz would come back and give the Crown cars another go. How many remember Donny's brief foray in SC cars.Again, this is hypothetical.Brent, And everyone else opinions please.

10/17/16, 11:31 AM   #2
PAW

Put the MONEY up and lets see what happens..That's the main thing!

10/17/16, 11:40 AM   #3
Re: Silver Crown Spectacular at Terre Haute
Rpracing1

Its not a perfect world.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
10/17/16, 11:46 AM   #4
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

I think a $50,000 purse with a good fair payout top to bottom might do better than one very top heavy.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, PJ Wright
10/17/16, 12:53 PM   #5
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

Run em 200 laps with live pit stops

3 members like this post: Jared_Mossoney, tirespinner, Wizard 05
10/17/16, 4:14 PM   #6
sp6967

the promotor would have to have bigger nads than rich vogler.

10/17/16, 4:59 PM   #7
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Makes no sense, because I think you would end up with exactly the same cars. So you up operating costs a ton and are depending on front gate, and not back gate, to make it up for you.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
10/17/16, 5:49 PM   #8
BrentTFunk

I don't see where this could be possible, and even a break even deal. With $50,000 to win and say $1000 to start, with the seating capacity at Terre Haute, your probably looking at a $50 dollar ticket. There are a lot of people that, that alone would prevent them from attending. If a really high dollar sponsor stepped up maybe. Then to you would need a date that had no conflicts, which means late or early in the year on a weeknight. That will also eliminate a lot of spectators. It would be great to see, but I wouldn't want to put up the money.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, PJ Wright
10/18/16, 5:45 AM   #9
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
I am interested in all of the theories of why the Silver Crown series is not of interest to fans or promoters.I would like the opinion of Brent of whom I had the pleasure of meeting Saturday nite at Terre Haute.If, in a perfect world a Silver Crown race was to be scheduled at Terre Haute with a 50,000 to win and a decent purse structure, would there not be plenty of cars and a capacity crowd.I believe you would have Drivers from every association trying to secure rides.Even Donny Schatz would come back and give the Crown cars another go. How many remember Donny's brief foray in SC cars.Again, this is hypothetical.Brent, And everyone else opinions please.
OK, since you asked, I'll tell you how this relative newcomer feels. I see that the guys who've been around sprint cars for a long time love the "big cars", seems like a very nostalgic thing
To me, they're bigger, heavier cars with 360 engines. I don't see the point
Sorry....

10/18/16, 7:38 AM   #10
Backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
OK, since you asked, I'll tell you how this relative newcomer feels. I see that the guys who've been around sprint cars for a long time love the "big cars", seems like a very nostalgic thing
To me, they're bigger, heavier cars with 360 engines. I don't see the point
Sorry....
Well I been around since before the first plywood wing and I love the big cars.
They used to have a point but with the demise of the miles There are very few tracks that are worthy of a SC race. Between that and the changing race world they are just bigger heavier cars with 360 engines IF run on a sprintcar track.
Believe it or not there are people who believe that midgets are just smaller less powerful versions of sprintcars that in this day and age miss the point too. Sometimes that thought rattles around in my head.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown Spectacular at Terre Haute