IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cheever and Goodyear. No friends to Openwheel
5/21/15, 3:30 PM   #31
Re: Cheever and Goodyear. No friends to Openwheel
Gene Franckowiak

Soooo, what the two primadonnas are saying is the if you have a rich daddy or big corporate sponsors but little racing experience, its easier to adapt to Indy cars that if you have hands on, real racing, gut wrenching exeprience......IF Bryan clauson was not in the race, I'd rather slam my fingers in my car door than watch it.....Those two jerks should comment on the short crowds, the shortening of the days surrounding the race and the fact that almost nmore tickets are "comp" tickets than bought tickes......and there is a good reason for that.......real race fans don't wanna pay to watch the "cheese wheel" generation drive around in their "purchased" rides

5/21/15, 5:06 PM   #32
illinifan

Race Count This Year: 10

Here's something I have always thought of when people say dirt trackers can't make it. You only have to look at one family ( the Andrettis) to see how driving a sprint can help. Mario drove everything on dirt and was successful, moves on to a F1 championship, wins Indy and a few championships along the way with success in other disciplines. Michael comes along and never touches dirt therefore never touches the Borg Warner trophy as a driver either, had a few successful seasons in cart and a laughable try at F1, Marco doesn't touch dirt and is following in his fathers footsteps of not being that good. To me that says it all, Mario even credited his ability to drive F1 in the rain to driving sprints on the dirt it gave him peddle control along with the steering adjustments needed. Indy car is a joke, give me 20 sprints at THAT any day over 33 at indy

5/21/15, 6:38 PM   #33
Sandy Lowe

If you think the reason Michael Andretti never won Indy was because he didn't race on dirt, and that he wasn't a very good driver, I really don't know what to say. 😳

3 members like this post: mc/rider, Tom23, Wendy Atkin
5/21/15, 8:01 PM   #34
Re: Cheever and Goodyear. No friends to Openwheel
HDINDY

At $5.00 dollars for bottle water you no longer need talent..

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cheever and Goodyear. No friends to Openwheel