IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > April 29th - Lawrenceburg Speedway - $2,500 to win
4/23/17, 11:22 PM   #1
April 29th - Lawrenceburg Speedway - $2,500 to win
Sandy Lowe

APRIL 29TH - KING OF THE MIDWEST SPRINTS - $2,500 TO WIN

The 5th Annual King of the Midwest Sprints race will be held on Saturday night April 29th at the Lawrenceburg Speedway in Lawrenceburg, Ind. This event features an increased purse with the Kelsey Chevrolet Sprints paying $2,500 to win and $250 to start the 25-lap feature.

Sean Buckley of Jackslash Media, Inc. will be on hand as this race is Round 2 of the Indiana Sprint Car Series on MAVTV presented by Fatheadz Eyewear. There will be a future airing of this event on MAVTV’s Dirty30 television show.

2013 Lawrenceburg Speedway Champion CJ Leary has been the most successful driver at this event with top-five finishes in the three races he has participated in. Leary became the inaugural King when he snatched the lead from Kevin Thomas, Jr. with a turn four last lap pass in 2013, beating Thomas to the finish line by a mere 0.264 seconds.

Leary did not participate in 2014 and Kevin Thomas, Jr. took the crown after hunting down and passing early race leader Logan Jarrett. Thomas led the final nine laps scoring the win over Shane Cottle.

Leary returned in 2015 to reclaim his crown with a dominating 3.508-second win over Thomas Meseraull. Then last year, after starting twelfth, Leary was the hard charger passing seven cars on his way to a fifth-place finish behind winner Jon Stanbrough, Kyle Cummins, Shawn Westerfeld and Shane Cottle.

King of the Midwest Sprints Feature Payout:
1- $2,500, 2- $1,250, 3.- $1,000, 4- $700, 5- $600, 6- $500, 7- $475, 8- $450, 9- $425, 10- $400, 11- $375, 12- $350, 13- $325, 14- $300, 15- $275, 16- $270, 17- $265, 18- $260, 19- $255, 20- $250.

There will also be $100 tow money to all cars that do not start the feature and a $63 Grasshopper Award to the feature hard charger from the Lawrenceburg Safety Crew in memory of the late Bryan Clauson.

In addition to the increased purse Saturday night there will be a slight change to the standard Lawrenceburg Speedway race format.

A blind pill draw will still be used to set the heat race groups, but lap times gathered during practice will set the heat race lineups. Cars will be lined straight up by time with the fastest four cars in each heat race inverted.

Heat race finish will still determine the lineups for the B Main(s) and feature with the top two finishers in each heat race (if five or more heats only the winners) redrawing for their starting position at the front of the feature field.

APRIL 29, 2017 - LAWRENCEBURG SPEEDWAY
King of the Midwest Sprints / Healthcare Service Workers Night at the Races

• Kelsey Chevrolet Sprints, $2,500 to win
• Budweiser UMP Modifieds
• Bessler’s U Pull & Save Hornets
• Impact Sports Pure Stocks

4:00 pm Pit Gate Opens
5:00 pm Front Gate Opens
6:00 pm Hot Laps
7:00 pm Opening Ceremonies

General Admission:
Adult $17
Children (7-12) $7
Under 6 FREE

Pit Pass: $30 (all ages)

Any healthcare worker who presents a work ID badge along with a valid driver’s license will receive FREE general admission!

For More Information – www.lawrenceburgspeedway.com
Last edited by Sandy Lowe; 4/23/17 at 11:23 PM.

4/24/17, 1:32 PM   #2
Re: April 29th - Lawrenceburg Speedway - $2,500 to win
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I hear all the time they wish tracks paid more. yet don't always want to run USAC. This week features three increased purse races, two on the same night. LBurg Saturday with King of the Midwest. Sunday at King of Kokomo and Terre Haute Spring Fling.

This race was born out of the K.I.S.S series that has discontinued but at least three or four of the tracks are trying to keep the spirit alive and the Increased Purse. .

LBurg has also been one of the few tracks to only require the Hoosier on Right Rear Only leaving the other three corners open.

Sponsors always want TV or more exposure. Jackslash does a bang up job with this program and although sometimes it's edited to a half hour on MavTV. It is often shown in it's entirety on Lucasoiltv.com and Jackslash.com as part of his Indiana Sprint Car Series Dirty thirty broadcast.

Support it. IT'S GOOD TO BE KING!
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/24/17 at 1:39 PM.

4/24/17, 6:09 PM   #3
Charles Nungester

Aparently four increased purse with Daughtery

4/24/17, 6:20 PM   #4
treecitytornado

This race actually replaced MSCS, when they used to be scheduled in May. K.I.S.S. went away last year, but I remember running this race in 2014.

4/25/17, 4:52 PM   #5
the1jet17

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 21

Please note this change..

Quote:
In addition to the increased purse Saturday night there will be a slight change to the standard Lawrenceburg Speedway race format.

A blind pill draw will still be used to set the heat race groups, but lap times gathered during practice will set the heat race lineups. Cars will be lined straight up by time with the fastest four cars in each heat race inverted.

Heat race finish will still determine the lineups for the B Main(s) and feature with the top two finishers in each heat race (if five or more heats only the winners) redrawing for their starting position at the front of the feature field.
This is FANTASTIC! I seriously hope group qualifying continues throughout the year. Thank you Lawrenceburg Speedway. Wish I could join you this week. Unfortunately our car condition and previous commitments will keep us out. We'll be back the following week and I hope group qualifying is here to stay.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, chrismattlin
4/25/17, 5:50 PM   #6
Simon_says17

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1jet17 View Post
Please note this change..

This is FANTASTIC! I seriously hope group qualifying continues throughout the year. Thank you Lawrenceburg Speedway. Wish I could join you this week. Unfortunately our car condition and previous commitments will keep us out. We'll be back the following week and I hope group qualifying is here to stay.
What's the big draw for group qualifying? Speeds up the process? Personally I like watching but mainly LISTENING to individual qualifying. One of my favorite parts of most race nights. When done correctly and efficiently (watching qualifying at Haubstadt is like watching a well choreographed ballet), it's over in no time.

It's fun to see the cars out there alone and trying to decipher who you think is going to be hooked up on a given night, is a big draw for me personally.

4/25/17, 6:14 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

It's group qualifying against the same cars you will heat race with.

As I understand it, The veterans want it as usually starts the slower cars behind you. Or less experienced. Lessing the likelihood of a crash in a heat race.

As a fan, it doesn't change a thing and it doesn't change a thing with the program. Other than Joe first or second timer isn't starting on the front row.

Personally as I was growing up, The quick qualifiers were put on the tail of both the heats and features. And what kinda put's some of the drivers of my youth in the legendary status. Like Wilkerson, Gaines, Gilstrap, Milburn , Bob Kinser and a few others. Them guys won a lot, But they also passed a bunch of cars to do it. Every week. They also used to have a fast car dash every week that paid out and was a reason to qualify good..

I also don't like the fact of losing cars for the night due to heat race mess ups. But if heats don't have a meaning, WHy have em?
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/25/17 at 6:15 PM.

4/25/17, 9:53 PM   #8
treecitytornado

Heats are to set the line-ups for the Feature or B-Main,Chuck! Group Qualifying is only to set the Heat Race line-ups. Heats definitely mean a great deal! Plus you still have the Top 2 in each heat redraw.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > April 29th - Lawrenceburg Speedway - $2,500 to win