IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Winter dirt games sprint opener rained out
2/13/20, 9:30 PM   #1
Usac: Winter dirt games sprint opener rained out
admin

2/13/20 9:02 PM WINTER DIRT GAMES SPRINT OPENER RAINED OUT

http://usacracing.com/news/sprint-ca...ner-rained-out

WINTER DIRT GAMES SPRINT OPENER RAINED OUT

Ocala, Florida (February 13, 2020).........Thursday's USAC AMSOIL National Sprint Car event from Bubba Raceway Park has been cancelled due to persistent rain that fell just prior to hot laps.

Fans are to keep their wristbands from Thursday night, which are good for admission this Friday or Saturday night at Bubba Raceway Park in Ocala, Florida.

Winter Dirt Games XI resumes with complete racing programs both Friday, February 14 and Saturday, February 15.* Pits open each night at 4pm Eastern, the grandstands open at 5pm, the drivers meeting begins at 6pm with cars getting on track at 6:30pm.

Each night, general admission tickets for adults are $30 and $20 for kids age 11-15.* Pit passes are $40 apiece.* You can watch all the action live on www.FloRacing.com.* You may also follow along with live timing from the event on the USAC app as well as on the Race Monitor app.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
2/13/20, 10:17 PM   #2
duel

Stars out. Semi effort. Still early

2/13/20, 10:54 PM   #3
Re: Usac: Winter dirt games sprint opener rained out
yeleyfan76

Only track in FLA not running. Must have been some unbelievable, mega rain that only hit their area. Such a shame for those who travelled. Still don’t get why no double show tomorrow. They won’t give you your money back either. Usac starting the season in great fashion.

2/13/20, 11:10 PM   #4
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Only track in FLA not running. Must have been some unbelievable, mega rain that only hit their area. Such a shame for those who travelled. Still don’t get why no double show tomorrow. They won’t give you your money back either. Usac starting the season in great fashion.
Evidently you are not here The track had already been watered it was pretty wet then it rained pretty good ,as noted in the post above arm bands are good for Friday and Saturday if you were here and couldn’t make it Friday and Saturday you could probably ask them for a refund but from reading your post I don’t think you’re even here . Let’s go ahead and start bashing usac let’s take them right to the whipping post and start letting them have it right now let’s get it over with 🙄
Last edited by interpreter66; 2/13/20 at 11:16 PM.

5 members like this post: captrat, Charles Nungester, Crankin, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner
2/13/20, 11:12 PM   #5
Sprint63122

Quote:
Looks like when you seen the midget count last weekend and the spring turnout now they have drawn the lowest car counts for the tracks running series in florida again this winter. Maybe it is time the florida tracks do like Knoxville and Eldora have done better bring in another series that brings cars and fans so they have some support for the show.

2/14/20, 12:04 AM   #6
openwheelfan1

Quote:

Had the rain come BEFORE they watered the track for 45 minutes, they might have had a chance to get it worked in. They ran lots of vehicles on it for almost an hour after the first shower at about 6:30 local time, and they actually were getting it ironed in a little only to have another shower hit. Yes, it sucks, but the radar at 7:30 on my phone was ugly, with rain all around the track.

2 members like this post: interpreter66, WinglessLovers
2/14/20, 12:32 AM   #7
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpreter66 View Post
Evidently you are not here The track had already been watered it was pretty wet then it rained pretty good ,as noted in the post above arm bands are good for Friday and Saturday if you were here and couldn’t make it Friday and Saturday you could probably ask them for a refund but from reading your post I don’t think you’re even here . Let’s go ahead and start bashing usac let’s take them right to the whipping post and start letting them have it right now let’s get it over with 🙄
Unfortunately for me I can’t make tomorrow or Saturday. So to be told my band is good for those shows doesn’t matter. They never took a lap on the track. You should get ur money back no questions asked. Your comment about bashing and whipping posts tells me you have issues so I’ll wish you well and hope your able to enjoy yourself and not be so angry. Maybe you can chill in tomorrow’s colder temps.

2/14/20, 10:17 AM   #8
Hamby454

Your first post indicates you were not at the track or else you would’ve realized that it wasnt a possibility to run last night. Then suddenly you were at the track based on your most recent post. Which one is it???

2/14/20, 12:05 PM   #9
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint63122 View Post
Looks like when you seen the midget count last weekend and the spring turnout now they have drawn the lowest car counts for the tracks running series in florida again this winter. Maybe it is time the florida tracks do like Knoxville and Eldora have done better bring in another series that brings cars and fans so they have some support for the show.
and your point? Need more specifics.

2/14/20, 1:00 PM   #10
Will Shunk

My notes from 2-13-2020...6:20pm left infield: 6:25pm 4 min. light shower with big drops, took cover: 6:45 to 6:56pm heavy rain with strong winds: 7:25pm another 5 min downpour, sure they will cancel. 7:33pm cancelled, bands good for either remaining night. Left track @ 8:00pm. Can't confirm but radar showed another rain shower over the track @ approxamately 8:45pm. Right call in my opinion by the track and USAC. Its FL, it can and will rain any time, any where. No winners. Just bad luck, I guess. Try again tonight!

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Winter dirt games sprint opener rained out