IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Usac’s indiana schedule begins june 14 with 7 races in
5/13/20, 12:40 PM   #1
Usac: Usac’s indiana schedule begins june 14 with 7 races in
admin

5/13/20 12:37 PM USAC’S INDIANA SCHEDULE BEGINS JUNE 14 WITH 7 RACES IN 8 NIGHTS

More...

USAC’S INDIANA SCHEDULE BEGINS JUNE 14 WITH 7 RACES IN 8 NIGHTS

Speedway, Indiana (May 13, 2020)………Indiana’s USAC schedule will resume with a busy stretch of seven events in an eight-night span beginning June 14, starting with the return of USAC AMSOIL Sprint Car National Championship racing and leading into the 16th annual edition of Indiana Midget Week featuring the USAC NOS Energy Drink Midget National Championship.

All the USAC events held during June in Indiana will follow state guidelines, limiting seating capacity to 50 percent at all venues.

The Sunday night, June 14 date will take the USAC AMSOIL Sprint Car National Championship to Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt, Ind. for the 44th visit by the series to the southwestern Indiana quarter-mile dirt track.

Two nights later, on Tuesday, June 16, the popular Indiana Midget Week tour commences with six consecutive nights of USAC NOS Energy Drink National Midget racing.* First up is the 3/8-mile of Paragon Speedway, located just a little less than an hour southwest of Indianapolis, which will make its debut on the Indiana Midget Week schedule by hosting its first USAC NOS Energy Drink National Midget race since 1985 and its first USAC-sanctioned race of any kind since 1998.

Following the opener at Paragon, on Wednesday, June 17, the series travels northbound to the quarter-mile Gas City I-69 Speedway, whose origins with the IMW series date to the inaugural year in 2005.* Next, on Thursday, June 18, the 5/16 Lincoln Park Speedway in Putnamville is back on the IMW docket for the 11th straight year.

The quarter-mile red clay of Bloomington Speedway provides the surface as IMW enters the weekend on Friday, June 19.* The three-eighths of a mile Lawrenceburg Speedway, which hosted the very first IMW event in 2005, serves as the penultimate race of the mini-series on Saturday, June 20.* The 2020 IMW finale at Kokomo Speedway comes to the quarter mile venue on Sunday, June 21, which first hosted USAC Midget racing in USAC’s inaugural season of 1956.

All the Indiana Midget Week events will also feature local sprint car racing as part of the racing festivities.

USAC’S JUNE 2020 NATIONAL SCHEDULE IN INDIANA:

Sun., June 14: Tri-State Speedway – Haubstadt, Indiana – Sprints

Tue., June 16: Paragon Speedway – Paragon, Indiana – Midgets

Wed., June 17: Gas City I-69 Speedway – Gas City, Indiana – Midgets

Thu., June 18: Lincoln Park Speedway – Putnamville, Indiana – Midgets

Fri., June 19: Bloomington Speedway – Bloomington, Indiana – Midgets

Sat., June 20: Lawrenceburg Speedway – Lawrenceburg, Indiana – Midgets

Sun., June 21: Kokomo Speedway – Kokomo, Indiana – Midgets

5/13/20, 1:15 PM   #2
Re: Usac: Usac’s indiana schedule begins june 14 with 7 race
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Hmmm Looks like Eastern Storm is cancelled since the last date for it was June 14th ? Hmm??? USAC website seems to have crashed & can't go there????
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
Last edited by Indy1808; 5/13/20 at 1:21 PM.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
5/13/20, 1:24 PM   #3
chathamracefan

Good to see this on the schedule. I'm intrigued by the Lincoln Park midget week show. I attended the one there in 2017 that Pickens won. It was legendary. It is in the Flo archives now.

Wonder if Terre Haute could put together some races for the crown cars since the IL races are probs gonna be dead this year.

3 members like this post: Indy1808, JarrettFarms73, tirespinner
5/13/20, 1:36 PM   #4
Adolph

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 27,27,40,28,69

50% capacity, that sounds like a riot waiting to happen.

5/13/20, 1:40 PM   #5
MilfordSprintFan

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 4

Yeah, I'm interested in how tracks will handle tickets. Would have to be in advance right? I was planning on a couple Midget Week races but not driving multiple hours to chance being turned away! Maybe next year.

3 members like this post: Indy1808, luckybuc97, tirespinner
5/13/20, 1:58 PM   #6
chathamracefan

I would think they will do ticket sales in advance. I went to Pevely last Saturday & am going on the 23rd & that is what they are doing.

Otherwise no way to enforce a 50% capacity limit. Perhaps USAC has the infrastructure to handle the ticket sales online & then present ticket purchased at the gate to get in.

5/13/20, 2:15 PM   #7
axman897

Advance ticket sales have to be the only way to go. If not, this will get bad really quickly. Also, what will there be any seating restrictions? Not sure what it looks like under the state plan for opening up tracks.

1 member likes this post: billw
5/13/20, 2:27 PM   #8
Jerry Shaw

I’m looking at the bulletin Governor Holcomb issued on 5/1 again, under June 14. They must have put local track racing in the category of “Entertainment” instead of “Sports Events” because it says “Cultural, entertainment, and tourism businesses may open at 50% capacity. This includes museums, zoos, bowling alleys, aquariums and like facilities.”

https://backontrack.in.gov/files/Bac...sed-stage4.pdf
https://backontrack.in.gov/files/Bac...sed-stage5.pdf

This makes sense, because open wheel racing is definitely "entertaining", attracts a lot of "tourists" and without a doubt, is a "cultural" experience"

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 5/13/20 at 6:48 PM.

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, interpreter66, wallbanger II
5/13/20, 2:28 PM   #9
JarrettFarms73

I read it as 50% seating restrictions. So that’s easy, just run tape or mark off every other row. I’m hoping they’ll allow people to stand in certain areas like the pits under the instructions of maintaining some distance and continuing to move around in certain intervals. Heavy emphasis on hoping. Regardless of how it’s implemented i’m excited for the chance!
Last edited by JarrettFarms73; 5/13/20 at 2:29 PM.

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
5/13/20, 3:01 PM   #10
kcarm92

This looks like a catch 22, if you look at venues at half capacity, you can get alot of people there, But if you look under social gathering it's 250, so that pretty much just takes up the cars and crew in the pits,No fans, so it looks like it would be up to the local health departments to decide. I'm sure all involved as checked into this, hope it happens, then we can all get back to some kind of normal. NOT THE NEW NORMAL

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Usac’s indiana schedule begins june 14 with 7 races in