IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WoO new procedures.
4/29/20, 8:54 AM   #41
Tumey's 55

One other tidbit, studies conducted by government scientists have shown that the life of the virus is impacted by higher temperatures and humidity. Combine summer conditions with UV light and the virus is killed in seconds. We can hope that with warmer temps the source of inoculum declines to help slow spread of the virus.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, flagboy55
4/29/20, 11:00 AM   #42
Re: WoO new procedures.
chop

Not to start a pissing match. But my dad lives in Florida. It has been near record heat this spring in the southern part of the state. Near 90's and high humidly. They have it down there. I hope the Knoxville woo race works out for them. The question I have if the races have no crowd and are pay per view. Should they just pick one track and race there every weekend? Why travel all over the place for no fans?

2 members like this post: GlobalSpeedway Tours, PIT CART
4/29/20, 12:01 PM   #43
Tumey's 55

I live in SW FL. It is not that temperature, humidity, and UV light will eliminate the virus but it certainly may reduce the problem. Note that FL has a high population of vulnerable folks but the virus did not get out of control as predicted. Nothing short of a vaccine will remove this from concern, question is what do we do going forward? Do we lock everyone down for months and harm millions of Americans to save thousands? Do we find some middle ground to protect the vulnerable yet allow others to live their lives. Tough call, I don’t have the answers but don’t see how we can continue in lockdown.

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
4/29/20, 12:08 PM   #44
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop View Post
.....I hope the Knoxville woo race works out for them. The question I have if the races have no crowd and are pay per view. Should they just pick one track and race there every weekend? Why travel all over the place for no fans?
Interesting question. With all of the pent up demand and love for Knoxville, they could definitely do a couple of races there without causing any concerns. If after the third race, is it possible that people would like to see some variety in the track? To make this work, you need to have a couple of factors in place. 1. A track in a state that is open. 2. A track that is suited for a national TV race. 3. A track in a winged 410 hot bed.

I think back to the old Winter heat series from Arizona. I think that all of the races were at only one track for the entire year, and we tuned in every weekend to watch those races.

4/29/20, 1:15 PM   #45
LB

haven't been to a WOO show since the st pete dome fiasco ,,

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
4/29/20, 2:36 PM   #46
axman897

To be honest, I think the entire state of Indiana/USA is hoping phase three is in effect by Indy 500 time. For me. let's hope for Sprint Week.

1 member likes this post: dirt330
4/29/20, 3:09 PM   #47
ThrowbackRacingTeam

I will not have to worry about these rules as I will not be attending any events with these types of restrictions. Live free or die. And by the way...as far as lawsuits, how could anyone ever prove where they actually contracted the virus? You could have have picked it up anywhere and if you chose to go to a racetrack that's your own decision. Contracting it at an outdoor event is extremely unlikely and could never be proven in court. People need to wake the hell up and realize this is just another virus and it will pass. This lockdown is BS.
Last edited by ThrowbackRacingTeam; 4/29/20 at 3:19 PM.

4 members like this post: chrismattlin, Midget98, PIT CART, robert gatten
4/29/20, 5:50 PM   #48
captrat

I also live in SW Florida. The study does not a trend make. Science needs consistent repeatable outcomes in order to prove a hypothesis. We all hope for the best outcome, but we are not at a point where any of the treatments, potential vaccines, herd immunity, or small studies about sunlight meet the standards of the scientific method.

1 member likes this post: fish
4/29/20, 6:51 PM   #49
sp6967

i just hope ppv numbers are down, if not, just tear the stands down.

4/29/20, 6:58 PM   #50
sp6967

matter a fact, if people want to get back to the track ppv racing needs to be boycotted.

1 member likes this post: duel
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WoO new procedures.