IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WoO new procedures.
4/28/20, 8:53 AM   #31
Rpracing1

Under these stipulations I have seen my last Outlaws race last year. It was a good run.

6 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, duel, jim goerge, PIT CART, racer-x, Sprints fan 11
4/28/20, 10:02 AM   #32
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Bob,what,no WoO fenders on May 30th??😳

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, Rpracing1
4/28/20, 10:09 AM   #33
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Bob,what,no WoO fenders on May 30th??😳
Yes Dan, Shocking as it is, think we’ll pass unless sumthin changes. Hope all is well around Bton.

4 members like this post: Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, wildman92
4/28/20, 10:31 AM   #34
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Yes Dan, Shocking as it is, think we’ll pass unless sumthin changes. Hope all is well around Bton.
Yes Sir,all is well as it can be,waiting for Friday to see what the Gov has say.
Ready to return to whatever the new normal will be and to see some dirt fly.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

4/28/20, 11:46 AM   #35
Re: WoO new procedures.
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Under these stipulations I have seen my last Outlaws race.....
As currently written, I am unfortunately in the same boat.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
4/28/20, 5:21 PM   #36
Will Shunk

I just heard a rumor that the big league stick and ball sports and NCAA want to socially distance by allowing for a "50%" admission/ticket sales. They feel this would allow for some profit or break even. Quick, every track put up 8,000 new bleachers to raise capacity and then sell your typical gate admissions. The new normal race track is the old normal. Only half kidding! See you soon.

1 member likes this post: duel
4/28/20, 6:15 PM   #37
Sprints fan 11

Quit trying to tell us how to live. We get it wear a mask wash you hands dont be touching anyone. If you are scared stay home. Take you vitamin C and Zinc and you might be fine.

5 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, duel, PIT CART, sp6967
4/28/20, 6:23 PM   #38
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

So does Coleman make a cooler that’s 6 feet long? WoO not gonna tell me I can’t bring beer into TSS, only Tommy can do that as far as I’m concerned. Is there gonna be tailgate police circling the track? Think a lot of their wish list is to cover their own rear and totally ridiculous and unrealistic. Let’s just hope USAC doesn't try to follow suit. I wouldn’t be happy if I drove several hours to a track only to find out that’s it’s a 1/3 full and you can’t get in. Definitely won’t be traveling if these rules are in effect.

4/29/20, 8:21 AM   #39
Tumey's 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
It would seem we are forgetting some basic information. 1. There is still a deadly virus among us. 2. We do not know who is actually carrying it 3. We do not know all the ways it may be transmitted. 4. We do not know how long it can be active 5. We have no verified treatment or a vaccine. Patience is our most effective strategy for now, so that hopefully we can enjoy life in all its manifestations in the not too distant future.
There is now much known about this virus. From US and global information it appears the death rate of this virus is less than 1%, probably higher than the flu but not nearly as bad as early projections. We know it is the old and especially older with other conditions who are vulnerable. The younger folks carry next to no risk of death. I think it is pretty clear how this can be spread. What is unclear is have the measures the US taken actually been successful. It is impossible to stop a virus, we may never get a successful vaccine (hopefully that is wrong but there has never been a successful vaccine developed for a Corona virus), so the virus may have to run its course. The vulnerable in this society are going to need to protect themselves for some time. Unfortunately, fans of sprint car racing largely fall into the vulnerable group. I think we are now beyond the medical portion of this virus and have moved into the legal phase. Every business and sport are now weighing the risk of lawsuits and what rules can be put into place for mitigation.

1 member likes this post: duel
4/29/20, 8:37 AM   #40
Speedmax3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Yes Sir,all is well as it can be,waiting for Friday to see what the Gov has say.
Ready to return to whatever the new normal will be and to see some dirt fly.
What I am hearing is the governor will open the state in three phases and this is how it may effect racing in Indiana. Phase one is no spectators at the track and limited pit personal. Obviously these would have to be pay per view special events. USAC may begin doing this. Phase 2 two will allow a limited number of fans in, so a local promoter will have to make a big decision here if there's no pay per view to help pay for his purse. Phase three would let everybody back in. If we get to phase three it would be a matter of when. if it becomes to late in the summer a local promoter may as well just shut down in season. Not trying to spread any rumors but this is what I've been hearing from a couple who should know. We'll see what actually happens and hope for the best!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WoO new procedures.