IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larson FIRED!!
4/15/20, 6:20 AM   #21
Re: Larson FIRED!!
Spi-nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockracer View Post
I think this has a lot to do with Chip...He never has paid top dollar for his drivers...this is way he can separate himself without looking cheap...He could not or would not get into a bidding war for Kyle with Stewart or Hendricks...I am thinking McD's called and said we have a problem and Chip was thinking this is his way out, while keeping a sponsor..I also think mountain out of mole hill- Iracing? who really or how many watch?....and this will all be forgotten soon....Kyle maybe cheaper now for Stewart to sign but company's will want to be on a young winning car..either way....
I was watching a stream of someone practicing, PRACTICING, for a road course race over in Europe. They had over 100k people watching. A lot of you need to wake up and realise just how big the video game industry is. People are looking for ways to connect with Millennials in this sport, well, this is the kind of medium in which you do that.

4/15/20, 11:15 PM   #22
huskermudd

I believe he has his own race team and Finley farms are sticking with him

2 members like this post: davidm, jdull99
4/16/20, 3:44 PM   #23
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskermudd View Post
I believe he has his own race team and Finley farms are sticking with him
But without Chevy's support will he run it? Or find "just" a private engine builder that will work with him.

Let's hope Tony/Haas hire him & they put a Ford engine in the thing tho...if we ever go back racing again...

I'd like to think Toyota missed him and they'd let him run their midgets again too...(maybe he could spear-head Toyota's entry into sprint cars? I haven't noticed them running those much?)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

4/16/20, 4:07 PM   #24
nodoors

This is what Political Correctness has don to our society. It is a joke and it is seriously flawed. The whole White Privilege and Black People Cant be racist and Black People can call whites cracker and use the N word But White people cant use the N word is all ********. This is what Liberals have done and will continue to do to this society. They have taken Racism so far that they have made every person that is White a Racist just because we are white. Its pathetic and I ignore the BS and think for myself. Something that is lost to the majority of people in this Country. They are trying to re write the history of this country and bury anyone and anything that has to do with Race and punish really good people that dont deserve to be. This has gone way to far and its going to get worse unless people wake up

4/16/20, 4:29 PM   #25
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

Strangely enough, I know black people who are offended by other blacks using the N word. And not using the N word is a pretty low bar to set for keeping your job. When your job is mostly PR, just don't offend your sponsors, is it really that hard.

2 members like this post: erich45, Pitdad
4/17/20, 9:25 AM   #26
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoors View Post
This is what Political Correctness has don to our society. It is a joke and it is seriously flawed. The whole White Privilege and Black People Cant be racist and Black People can call whites cracker and use the N word But White people cant use the N word is all ********. This is what Liberals have done and will continue to do to this society. They have taken Racism so far that they have made every person that is White a Racist just because we are white. Its pathetic and I ignore the BS and think for myself. Something that is lost to the majority of people in this Country. They are trying to re write the history of this country and bury anyone and anything that has to do with Race and punish really good people that dont deserve to be. This has gone way to far and its going to get worse unless people wake up
To NASCAR, I see no need to continue to crucify this young man, he is well aware of what you feel his punishmant should be, I've heard nothing from the other person involved, evidently he's happy to see it continue, but let me add this, it doesn't make you a better person, to sit back and let it continue, unless it makes you feel like you deserve it, it's no wonder your product is slipping, in case you hadn't noticed, I've had, and still have friends in NASCAR, and I also did a lot of development work for several teams, back in the "good" days, and was proud of it, today, not so much. So, if your pleasure is to continue to crucify this young man, the floor is all yours, but the party may be getting closer to over! Bob

3 members like this post: racer-x, snowdrift, TNRustler
4/17/20, 3:07 PM   #27
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
To NASCAR, I see no need to continue to crucify this young man, he is well aware of what you feel his punishmant should be, I've heard nothing from the other person involved, evidently he's happy to see it continue, but let me add this, it doesn't make you a better person, to sit back and let it continue, unless it makes you feel like you deserve it, it's no wonder your product is slipping, in case you hadn't noticed, I've had, and still have friends in NASCAR, and I also did a lot of development work for several teams, back in the "good" days, and was proud of it, today, not so much. So, if your pleasure is to continue to crucify this young man, the floor is all yours, but the party may be getting closer to over! Bob
I have also noticed no word from who he was talking to (Parker Kligerman, they say)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

4/18/20, 10:49 AM   #28
flagboy55

You know which one of the sponsorship loses I find most disheartening is Lucas Oil. It’s hard for me to criticize Lucas after all they’ve done in racing, promotions and sponsorship but to cut ties with the guy who just put their colors in victory lane in one of the biggest short track race’s in the world seems harsh. I’m sure all of his former sponsors will be fine without my money, I just hope I’m not the only one who will be choosing to spend money other places and products than the one’s who overreacted to a good person making a stupid mistake

4/18/20, 11:51 AM   #29
Tumey's 55

Context and accountability are important here. NASCAR has a history of being a redneck Southern sport. They have tried hard to overcome this image to attract a broader fan base and sponsorship. Kyle owns this, he threw this word out there so he must call his friends that with some frequency. It doesn’t take a lot of brains to understand this word is completely unacceptable for a non-black to use and that doing so puts your life dream at risk. Regardless of what anyone thinks about political correctness he knows the consequences of using this word and now he pays. I don’t know if he should be fired but the sponsors have the right to pull their deal. The whole reason for sponsorship is to attract customers, hard to do when your driver is offending customers. I have been a fan of his but there is no defending what he said, it was stupid, he knows better, and now he must rebuild his reputation. No sense railing against our culture today, it is what it is and violating the norms carries consequences.

2 members like this post: CB24, Ken Bonnema
4/18/20, 2:28 PM   #30
nodoors

TUMEYS 55

"No sense railing against our culture today, it is what it is and violating the norms carries consequences"

Please elaborate what you mean by "NORMS" that is a broad statement and needs to be explained fully. Whats "NORMAL" for me may or may not be "NORMAL" to you, so I would like some clarification on this
Last edited by nodoors; 4/18/20 at 2:37 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larson FIRED!!