IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > best guess
4/17/20, 4:34 PM   #31
Re: best guess
chop

If a track need a hand wash area to reopen. Butler speedway will never reopen. lol As I type this Michigan has had over 2,000 people die from this. I would think you will be looking at sometime in June before anything close to normal would began again. Unless the gun carrying guys that stood on the capitals steps yesterday over throw the state government. If that happens then start the season, problem is solved. Can you shoot and kill the virus? Find the humor in the last part.

2 members like this post: duel, Ken Bonnema
4/18/20, 2:26 AM   #32

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

Any volunteers to be the ticket taker or place a wristband on all fans? Will tracks still sell food? Will you still stand shoulder to shoulder for a cold beer? Maybe there can be markers on the ground like at the grocery store where to stand. Is the new capacity one person for every six feet of bleachers and will that be enough front gate $ to cover track expenses? Are hand sanitizing stations going to be placed around the place. Is plexiglass going up for ticket sellers and concessions personal. How about emergency personal? Are they available or all working at the hospital? Is everyone going to be handed a mask when entering that doesn't have one?

Tracks in lockdown states where restrictions are going to be slowly lifted probably will have to apply some changes addressing some of those things to operate. I hope next weeks sprint race in one of the rebellious states works out. Was even tempted for a second to make plans and go.

I understand the seriousness of the virus and precautions that can be taken. So if my next race means I have to take a squirt of sanitizer to buy a ticket, bring my own soda or water and wear a mask sitting with friends from six feet so be it. It would be nice if next week we could a go like nothing happened but that's just not the case.

4/18/20, 9:59 AM   #33
Tumey's 55

You do realize we have people at groceries, drug stores and big box stores who are taking money every day from people. It wouldn’t be hard to set up hand washing at every track. If you want to attend, wear a mask.

In any event, I doubt there is approval for large events any time soon. At best, I would anticipate a couple of months before we are allowed to gather in groups. As far as deaths go, 85% of deaths have occurred in people over age of 80. I am not aware of any deaths in people younger than 20 (CDC information). In between those ages deaths are in people with one or more underlying health issues, typically more than one. The goal of this shutdown has not been to stop the virus but to prevent the healthcare system from being overwhelmed. That is why states are reopening, the shutdown has managed this and careful monitoring will continue, if spikes occur we may see another shutdown (I don’t think this will happen but who knows).

1 member likes this post: billw
4/18/20, 12:39 PM   #34
axman897

Let's make this simple. I think we can all agree most have a cell phone or access to the internet. Allow people to purchase tickets in advance of the race date-say five days in advance. Each track can set a specific number of tickets they can sell while also maintaining spectator safety. Ticket booth people can have a QR reader (something like that) and scan your tickets. I'm sure we can come up with an alternative method for this as well. We all can make decisions about risk. As a group of race fans, we need to make sure we look out for each other. If you are sick and feel ill, stay home.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
4/18/20, 12:48 PM   #35
sp6967

we need to shut down all events that have large crowds until every person in the country is checked and is wuhan virus free. that's the only way to be sure that we don't see a spike in the virus.

4/18/20, 2:07 PM   #36
nodoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp6967 View Post
we need to shut down all events that have large crowds until every person in the country is checked and is wuhan virus free. that's the only way to be sure that we don't see a spike in the virus.
You are asking for the IMPOSSIBLE, first off the Govt cant even keep track of the illegals in this country and you want to keep the Country locked down till EVERYONE IS CHECKED OUT AND NO VIRUS LEFT. WOW you are seriously clueless.

I will even go on to say that this VIRUS will NEVER go away because it is now WORLD WIDE and will rear it ugly head again. This whole thing is a total joke and the GOVT overreach is beyond ridiculous and to top it off The American People such as yourself are Praising the Government for totally disregarding the Bill Of Rights and The Constitution of the United States. Your rights have been taken away from you. Do you realize this? Everytime the Government take away from you they never give it back. That is the reality we live in.
There are Governers that are OVERSTATENG the numbers of both the Death and the Virus itself. NY already did that and increased the Death toll by 3300 people because the passed away during the Virus outbreak. And you want to keep the Country Locked Down. My goodness people WAKE UP

4/18/20, 4:50 PM   #37
Joe Schaub

The one currently occupying the Governor's office in Illinois has stated today that there won't be any large crowds allowed this summer. No definitive number as to which would constitute a large crowd.

Looks like Illinois will not be opening up for sporting events any time before fall at the earliest.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > best guess