IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Twin cities
9/1/19, 9:30 PM   #11
PushEm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Bingo! Also a big weekend for racing. Stoga, USAC, Kinser, King of Non Wing, Reg show at Burg which several guys run with you if burg is off. Midgets. Champ Cars.

I think there's room for 6-8 races at TCRP but schedule's the key Id go the two sprint week Saturdays. against the four crown and possibly even the smack down. Plenty of cars want no part of that and want a fair shake at a podium.

Just me but like Captrat says, when enough cars aren't on the tracks, butt's aren't in the seats and slicing the pie helps nothing. TCRP has made a turn around and mainly full fields. I enjoyed my night there and there was a decent sprint field. But tracks within 50mi's weren't running either.
Respect given, just consider schedule and working with, not against.
It is my full intention to work with all the surrounding tracks and try to make a racer and fan friendly schedule.
I completely respect all of your comments and suggestions Charles and would love the opportunity to speak with you more about it sometime.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, oldfan49, spicoli
9/1/19, 9:34 PM   #12
Re: Twin cities
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushEm View Post
It is my full intention to work with all the surrounding tracks and try to make a racer and fan friendly schedule.
I completely respect all of your comments and suggestions Charles and would love the opportunity to speak with you more about it sometime.
Just stay positive, I know something can work. What it is, Im not exactly sure.

9/2/19, 2:27 PM   #13
hupp#9

You can’t work with every track you have to just make a schedule and stick to it cars will chose where they want to go and a lot of people like chasing points once there is a points fund and purse goes up just a little bit Vernon will be averaging more cars than lawrenceburg Charles I don’t want to be that guy and I’ve supported the burg for many many years but is low budget teams need a place to race to and with paragon gone on saturdays there’s plenty of room for way more races than 6-8 it’s just late in the season and car counts drop everywhere and people are tied up in points chases keenup the hard work AJ car counts will grow but we need to promote more a lot of people don’t know you guys are racing until the day of

2 members like this post: Big Mike 7, Leohr46
9/5/19, 6:08 PM   #14
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I guess we have one track running this saturday. 9/7

9/5/19, 10:02 PM   #15
Buster51

I wiil try and support rest of shows this year i didnt run last week was out of town. I had a blast when i was there program ran well. Us low budget teams as Logan said need a place to run saturdays. Steve Hair

9/6/19, 11:29 AM   #16
SPRINTCAR

I would concentrate on the area's of safety for the driver's and spectators. If the track can get a USAC date, sprint and or midget it would raise you cred by thousands. JMO. Good luck, I have always liked the racing at North Vernon.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Twin cities