IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jarrett Andretti Announcement
4/13/19, 8:47 AM   #11
open_wheel_outlaw

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 9

Anybody hear if Chris Windom is running Freedom 100 this year? I know they were going to last year but weren't able to repair car for the race after a practice crash. Hopefully another dirt guy in the field. We will definately be there to root on Jarrett though!

4/13/19, 10:43 AM   #12
Re: Jarrett Andretti Announcement
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
Not to cast a shadow on other IndyCar owners. But I think Michael sees the need for more Short track guys getting a chance. I'm sure Ed Carpenter would do it given he had the finances to do so. Put that talent in a seat and lets see what they can do with the chance given to them. It might sound goofy to some but I'd like to see the Indy Lights at IRP (or what ever you want to call it now. Still IRP to me) on the oval and equal the playing field. Good luck to Jarrett and prayers for John.
I've hoped for the IRP (that is what I call it too! lol) connection forever! It would be a perfect tie-in...honestly, I'd rather see them there, than Indy...(espcly until they can get 26-28 cars). The F2000s or smthn like that, did run at IRP b4 I'm sure (I was there - my 1st time - when the electric cars ran in 1994, lol).
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

2 members like this post: nathans1012, team3521
4/13/19, 3:16 PM   #13
sposey92381

The problem is not the talent, it’s the money. Instead of expecting teams to just field cars out of the generosity of their heart. What if Indiana open wheel’s members put a Car in the freedom 100. What if we set up a plan to raise, say $300’000, and crown a champion to go represent The real American dirt track Racer. Contract that driver and put some of the purse back to the fund, rinse and repeat. I think it could be doable .

3 members like this post: bighd0522, chrismattlin, mscs20
4/13/19, 6:06 PM   #14
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sposey92381 View Post
The problem is not the talent, it’s the money. Instead of expecting teams to just field cars out of the generosity of their heart. What if Indiana open wheel’s members put a Car in the freedom 100. What if we set up a plan to raise, say $300’000, and crown a champion to go represent The real American dirt track Racer. Contract that driver and put some of the purse back to the fund, rinse and repeat. I think it could be doable .
Perhaps a driver with a GoFundme Page (or smthn of the like) would be best...they could take the raised amount to a team. I know many look down on those types of efforts, but it may be more fruitful of an effort than the driver going from boardroom to boardroom sponsor hunting...it's hard saying...

If anything, maybe there will be some Jarrett Andretti T-shirts around this program, and hopefully those are scooped up...

4/13/19, 6:35 PM   #15
wright59

Obviously those who want the race at IRP haven’t seen the
Freedom 100 because it’s probably the closest racing of all races at the speedway each year. And the cars are all capable of winning! It’s an amazing race and good right where it is. Now a second race at IRP would be cool for sure.

4/13/19, 6:48 PM   #16
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by wright59 View Post
Obviously those who want the race at IRP haven’t seen the
Freedom 100 because it’s probably the closest racing of all races at the speedway each year. And the cars are all capable of winning! It’s an amazing race and good right where it is. Now a second race at IRP would be cool for sure.
Agree its close race, but many wish the track only ran the 500 still, & there NEEDS to be more than 12 IndyLights cars no matter what...but ya, a 2nd race at IRP would be cool! Like around the time of the "Summer" Silver Crown race be good...

4/14/19, 1:36 PM   #17
racer-x

I heard a interview with Michael and Jarrett when they were announcing there plans. The way Jarrett talked about his Dad working on the sprint car and telling how close they are will put me in the stands for Carb Day.

Best of luck to the Andretti team!!

4/15/19, 12:11 PM   #18
SPRINTCAR

In the coming year(s) they can replace Marco with Jarret as far as I'm concerned.

4 members like this post: davidm, jdull99, jim goerge, John P Huss
4/16/19, 10:36 AM   #19
Vookie

https://speedsport.com/indy/road-to-...t-freedom-100/

2 members like this post: Hammer, jdull99
4/16/19, 11:17 AM   #20
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vookie View Post
Nice!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jarrett Andretti Announcement