IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > HARF Monte Carlo night
11/19/12, 4:30 PM   #11
Re: HARF Monte Carlo night
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

Thanks Roy for the thoughts, and we will look into some of the possibilities. Tagging onto the Indy Circle Track Swap Meet is out of the question because we already tag our Banquet onto that weekend. & seeing that we shoot for a Saturday night, the weekend of the IMIS show is so full (including Saturday night events) that we have no real opening there either. But we are still looking.
About the website, we are in the middle of switching over our web site provider and as right now, is not being updated, our apologies. We do have a facebook page and it was updated a few times on Saturday night to try to get some attention. One light at the end of the tunnel is the possiblity of getting a sponsor for our Monte Carlo night & if this happens we will no longer have concerns about the amount of money lost for the club. We ARE working all the angles, keep your fingers crossed. Once again, Thanks for all your suggestions. Hope to see everyone at the HARF Banquet on January 29th, 2013, bob.

11/19/12, 7:04 PM   #12
410racer

Bob,
I hate to break the news to ya but in the HARF newsletter and on here, you stated the banquet is January 29th, 2013.... January 29th, 2013 is a tuesday....The Indy Circle Track Expo is saturday, january 26th.... I assume the banquet would be Sunday, january 27th ????

11/19/12, 8:55 PM   #13
DICNJAN

Remember the first monte carlo nite some where on the west side at a ymca . Way back in the 80's
times have just changed ,,it sad but true .
It has just gone to the wayside ,,like all the movie partys we use to enjoy.
Just keep doing your good job ,,keeping this good club going thank for all your work

11/20/12, 9:29 AM   #14
HARFprez

Yes 410, typo on the newsletter. Funny, we can go over it and over it looking for the mistake and find nothing...until it's printed and gone. But you are correct, the Banquet is the day following the Swap Meet show, on the 27th, it does show though that someone out there is actually paying attention and reading the newsletter.
And to Jan & Dick, we miss you guys, and yes, old enough to remember the good old days and when we had almost 2000 members (and also when gas was about 29 cents a gallon and track admissions were $5). In this economy the way it is, some folks have to cut back, and unfortunatly, the entertainment dollar is the first to suffer. Most of us on here are just fans, racing is in our blood, yes, but we're not the ones putting 10's of thousands of $$$ into that race car in the garage, GOD bless you guys that do. See you at the races, bob.

3 members like this post: dkdorkboy, mowerman, racefan20
11/20/12, 10:29 AM   #15
mayor31

This was my first time to the Monte Carlo night. Didn't know what to expect but enjoyed myself seen some old friends and meet some new ones. And learned alittle about the CRAPS tables on top of it. Looking foward to next years and plan to bring a friend or 2 with me

Posted via Mobile Device

11/20/12, 11:33 AM   #16
treecitytornado

I LOVE HARF! Myself, along with my Mom and Dad have been supporters and members since around 1985 or 86. Racing has been in my blood since my first T.Q. Midget race at Rushville when I was 3. I am so thankful to achieve my dreams of racing a Sprint Car competitively and hope to for many more years to come. For years any race car, that my family has owned, or I have drove for someone else, has had a HARF decal on it! I also always proudly display a HARF patch on all of my driving suits! Hoosier Auto Racing Fans are some of the most dedicated and passionate people that you will find in the world!
Thanks to Bob, Vicki, George, Dick, Jan, and all those through the years who have helped to keep it going!

J.T. Stapp

Posted via Mobile Device

1/20/13, 1:16 PM   #17
nssnphoto

Again, where is the banquet this year and what time? Sorry, tossed my newsletter.

Posted via Mobile Device

1/20/13, 5:29 PM   #18
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nssnphoto View Post
Again, where is the banquet this year and what time? Sorry, tossed my newsletter.

Posted via Mobile Device
One more time

Jerry #66j
stida.com/Half Moon Resturant & Brewery
Last edited by Jerry Spencer; 1/20/13 at 5:32 PM.

1/21/13, 3:57 AM   #19
Danny Williams Sr.

The HARF banquet is Sunday January 27, 2013 noon at American Legion Brownsburg, IN. located on US 136 just a little past Pit Stop Bar B Que. Harold & Eric from Pit Stop are catering the meal.

Tickets still available.

1/21/13, 9:25 AM   #20
HARFprez

Thanks Danny, yes the 61st Annual HARF Champions & Heroes Banquet will be this Sunday January 27th @ the American Legion Hall in Brownsburg.In. 636 E. Main St.46112 (for you g.p.s. users). Social hour begins at Noon with the buffet lunch served @ 1 pm, awards to follow lunch. Many of our award winners have confirmed that they will be there, and both of our Hall of Fame inductees will be in attendance to receive their rewards. Tickets are $20. each (or sponsor an award for $80.) & can still be ordered by calling Vicki @ (317) 487-8096 or buy them at the HARF booth at this Saturdays "Circle Track Expo" at the Fairgrounds. We had poor attendence last year, but with the HoF inductees we have this year, tickets are selling fast, so don't wait hoping to buy them at the door (even though if you do, we'll still find room for you). Hope to see you all there, the Silent Auction room this year promises to have some amazing items for sale, including a Dickie Gaines uniform and autographed gloves. bob.
p.s. my question is, what is Danny Williams Sr. doing up at 2:57 am?
Last edited by HARFprez; 1/21/13 at 9:31 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > HARF Monte Carlo night