IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Midget Classifieds > Gaerte Engine; For Sale-$3999-filter to pan
1/19/16, 1:11 AM   #1
Gaerte Engine; For Sale-$3999-filter to pan
jdull99

-12 mid90s era Gaerte Engine; For Sale - as is (UN-ASSEMBLED) - $3999

When I bought this package, I was informed it won the 1997 BMARA championship.

Ok for indoor racing!!! ...DuQuoin (in March)...(still legal outdoors for POWRi, ARDC, etc., & maybe STARS & IRS too!...)

...everything was in the works to run it "locally"; before the 2.4 "fad"...lol.

Valve springs (JUST broke in, one race old - seriously!), lifters, rockers, etc were all recently updated & the Magneto was JUST serviced.

All the parts, that are steel, were Magnetic Practical Inspected

Blue-printed the following - crank, valve stems & guides, valve spring height, valve to piston clearance, etc, etc.; all measured to spec

Cylinders honed

Block surfaced

If I didn't list it, please just ask!

COMPLETE "Air-filter to oil pan". No bolt or engine part would be missing to assemble. Header, side-cover, etc. I have no need for anything to do with a "National engine" around...(lol).

I would LOVE to see that this engine gets back on track again; after all the time, effort, money, etc. put into it...Let's make a deal!

Come check it out & see exactly what you would be getting! 61115 Zip code. 90miles West of Chicago, just below WI border - close to the Rockford Speedway pavement track.

The engine is also available (for $4999) as advertised above: professional assembled - with BRAND NEW rings, bearings, gaskets, etc, other procedures, etc...

http://jamrracingengines.net/
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1/19/16, 8:32 PM   #2
Re: Gaerte Engine; For Sale-$3999-filter to pan
Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
-12 mid90s era Gaerte Engine; For Sale - as is (UN-ASSEMBLED) - $3999

When I bought this package, I was informed it won the 1997 BMARA championship.

Ok for indoor racing!!! ...DuQuoin (in March)...(still legal outdoors for POWRi, ARDC, etc., & maybe STARS & IRS too!...)

...everything was in the works to run it "locally"; before the 2.4 "fad"...lol.

Valve springs (JUST broke in, one race old - seriously!), lifters, rockers, etc were all recently updated & the Magneto was JUST serviced.

All the parts, that are steel, were Magnetic Practical Inspected

Blue-printed the following - crank, valve stems & guides, valve spring height, valve to piston clearance, etc, etc.; all measured to spec

Cylinders honed

Block surfaced

If I didn't list it, please just ask!

COMPLETE "Air-filter to oil pan". No bolt or engine part would be missing to assemble. Header, side-cover, etc. I have no need for anything to do with a "National engine" around...(lol).

I would LOVE to see that this engine gets back on track again; after all the time, effort, money, etc. put into it...Let's make a deal!

Come check it out & see exactly what you would be getting! 61115 Zip code. 90miles West of Chicago, just below WI border - close to the Rockford Speedway pavement track.

The engine is also available (for $4999) as advertised above: professional assembled - with BRAND NEW rings, bearings, gaskets, etc, other procedures, etc...

http://jamrracingengines.net/

1/22/16, 3:08 AM   #3
jdull99

Callers/texters, Idk what else to tell u other than this AD...lol.

...IF I HAD A $1 FOR EVERY QUESTION I'VE HAD ON THIS GAERTE ENGINE, I COULD AFFORD ONE OF THOSE 2.4 THINGIES...LOL

I would guess approx 330hp maybe. Never afforded a dyno...if u want to have it assembled for $4999, you can dyno it at the shop - off the crank - for $400.

I have no idea how many races the "hard parts" have ran in since the mid-90s...no sign of any major repairs tho...

61115 if u wanna come put your eye on it. I suppose I'd drive to the Chicago, Madison, Milwaukee, Bloomington, Galena IL areas if thats what it took to meet after someone put a deposit down...

1/22/16, 3:11 AM   #4
jdull99

COMPLETE "Air-filter to oil pan" - if u don't want to pay for assembly (with the new parts listed) & find that there is ONE part missing, you can contact me & I give you my word it will be sent to you.

The fuel pump is ran off the Power-steering pump...both of those are in the cockpit & bolt to the engine plate. They are not included for that cost. The water pump & oil pump however bolt off the front of the engine, so I would include those - but please do not ask for a price break if you want ALL of these parts...

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Midget Classifieds > Gaerte Engine; For Sale-$3999-filter to pan