IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown observation
8/25/19, 10:01 PM   #11
Re: Smackdown observation
oldfan49

For me it's about the go fast of go home mentality every time you are on the track which makes it different from a weekly show and makes a USAC show what it is.

It's definitely better than bingo parlor qualifying
Last edited by oldfan49; 8/25/19 at 10:51 PM.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, flagboy55, tirespinner
8/25/19, 10:11 PM   #12
Non wing lover

If you look at past car counts boss have had more cars per event than the premiere series usac boss in 2019 has had car counts into the 30-40 range their lowest count was 21 at a track in Pennsylvania usac outside of sprintweek has only had 28 cars if that one of problems a hell of lot of owners and drivers have left usac for whatever their reason if it I was a betting man the reason they left is purse monies and or start monies don't get me wrong I love usac but I know some things I'm not as dumb as I look but facts are facts boss has had far better car counts and pay far less than usac but boss has incentive like tow monies does usac? Boss has other incentives too I'm not ******** but in the usac has to look at purse monies the top prize is fine start money needs tweaking maybe something positive maybe the mcghees doolings walkers ditchers would come back instead migrating to the wing world

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/25/19, 10:33 PM   #13
flagboy55

So you’re saying BOSS is a better product?’
Last edited by flagboy55; 8/25/19 at 10:55 PM.

8/25/19, 10:59 PM   #14
Adolph

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 27,27,40,28,69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non wing lover View Post
Looked like to me that usac got shown up at Kokomo last night boss winner wins from 14 the place usac winner from the pole usac screwed a couple drivers in the heat races too chapple and ketcham obviously usac has their favorites the guys like the ketchams don't get the proper position finish in favor of the usac regular though it was interesting that premiere series usac draws 31 cars while under card draws 42cars why is that? How come the winner of harfs hard luck award winner was not announced? Rant over lots of good racing just had questions until next year
I sat in front row right behind flag pole with my brother and we both agreed that Chapple was in third place in that second heat. We couldn't believe that Race Monitor scored him .021 seconds behind. We thought they would correct it like they did for Cottle at Gas City, but they never did. Guess they only correct first place in feature.

8/26/19, 1:36 AM   #15
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I agree both have their place and it's very hard beating USAC's top ten anywhere.
However many shows are three heats and a feature 25 bucks.

Boss. often five heats, two bs and a feature at track normal gate.

I know several of the cars participated in Smackdown Prelims.
Don't ruin a good thing, It's fine the way it is.

Id just like it to be easier for weekly guys to compete with USAC and Qualifying is Paramount.

I've never understood why B main transfers get their time back above heat transfers. Makes no sense to me at all
"I've never understood why B main transfers get their time back above heat transfers. Makes no sense to me at all"... totally agree

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, spicoli
8/26/19, 1:40 AM   #16
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non wing lover View Post
If you look at past car counts boss have had more cars per event than the premiere series usac boss in 2019 has had car counts into the 30-40 range their lowest count was 21 at a track in Pennsylvania usac outside of sprintweek has only had 28 cars if that one of problems a hell of lot of owners and drivers have left usac for whatever their reason if it I was a betting man the reason they left is purse monies and or start monies don't get me wrong I love usac but I know some things I'm not as dumb as I look but facts are facts boss has had far better car counts and pay far less than usac but boss has incentive like tow monies does usac? Boss has other incentives too I'm not ******** but in the usac has to look at purse monies the top prize is fine start money needs tweaking maybe something positive maybe the mcghees doolings walkers ditchers would come back instead migrating to the wing world
Run on sentence... minus one grade!
I'm not trying to be a wise ass or a know it all, but its hard to understand... use periods!

8/26/19, 2:20 PM   #17
JarrettFarms73

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
The reward would be starting upfront in the B, in a transfer position before the green even flies.
i understand where you’re coming from because i’m not a fan of provisionals.

I just feel what’s being proposed overcompensates cars qualifying 17- 24. they get first crack from the front row at advancing to the A MAIN while the fast qualifiers are forced to pass cars to re-earn what they gained in qualifying. imho

4 members like this post: dstensland, erich45, ThePurple73, tirespinner
8/26/19, 3:36 PM   #18
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettFarms73 View Post
the fast qualifiers are forced to pass cars to re-earn what they gained in qualifying. imho
Here's a scenario: The fastest qualifier has some contact on the first lap of his heat and drops back. No need to worry because even if he finishes last in his heat, he'll start on the pole of the B. Now in the B he drops back to 4th or 5th. No worries because even though he hasn't passed a single car all night, in fact has been passed by a couple in the heat and a couple more in the B, he's still going to start the A in 6th. Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't the scenario I just described possible? But hey, we know USAC's not going to change their procedure because a couple of fans on IOW think it's a good idea and that's fine. Like I said, it's my only complaint. By the way, if I'm wrong about how this whole deal works...it sure wouldn't be the first time!😁
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
Last edited by PJ Wright; 8/26/19 at 3:40 PM.

3 members like this post: JarrettFarms73, spicoli, tirespinner
8/26/19, 5:12 PM   #19
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Seventh actually, I'd like to see only the top 3 advance through the heats. What is the best part of ISW? Killer B Mains. B main winner if qualified in top 6 will start 7th. Remaining cars start feature how they finished B main.
This format makes every race important how you finish.

2 members like this post: PJ Wright, tirespinner
8/26/19, 5:15 PM   #20
flagboy55

I might be wrong but pretty sure if you don’t transfer through the heat the best you can start in the A is 7th

3 members like this post: oppweld, PJ Wright, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown observation