IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Posse
11/13/23, 12:25 PM   #1
Posse
NoDramazone2020

I know this is Indiana Open Wheel, however, I thought it necessary to discuss the race at BAPS Speedway on Saturday. What an absolute fantastic day and event put on by all parties involved. North of 40 cars showed up and the race came down to late race caution with DD getting the win. But more impressive to me was the crowd. PACKED....Yes, the weather helped, but on a day in November when Penn State was at home, and hunting season has begun, the place was a near sellout. I have often defended Indiana race fans to many of my Posse friends in the past but I must admit, Pennsylvania Posse fans are the best...Hands Down. And once the Sprint Cars started, they finished their program before any other class hit the track......Bravo

11/13/23, 12:52 PM   #2
motorhead748

Pa fans are like no other in the country… they support their tracks by being there in person.. look no further than this past February when Lincoln saw the weather was gonna be good on a Thursday of their already scheduled 2 day icebreaker show and announced early in the week that they were adding a show Thursday… the place was packed! I rode over from sw Ohio for the Sunday show and it was a big crowd as well.
And they put their money where their mouth is by supporting the teams by whatever means…
Also you can go into about any mall parking lot and see numerous cars with sprint car window stickers, yeah you’ll see some of that around here but nothing like in Pa.

11/13/23, 12:59 PM   #3
dsc1600

This race has tradition as well. Baps (formerly Susquehanna) has had the last race in the area for many years, this was the first time it paid really well. PA fans tend to reward promoters for paying the drivers well, which is another reason they have the rep they do.

4 members like this post: jdull99, motorhead748, NoDramazone2020, oppweld
11/13/23, 2:30 PM   #4
Re: Posse
NoDramazone2020

I should also applaud the promotors. They did a good job at getting the word out over social media and I do believe Justin Fieldler was also involved in promoting this race? Promotion is still alive and well. If only the NW sprint cars were promoted in this fashion here at home.

5 members like this post: 2fast4u, berks co, oppweld, PIT CART, yeleyfan76
11/14/23, 1:28 PM   #5
Re: Posse
yeleyfan76

=NoDramazone2020
Promotion is still alive and well. If only the NW sprint cars were promoted in this fashion here at home.

I think you are on to something 2020. Danny said in victory lane that is was great to see so many people at a high paying, well promoted show
This thread and the one about how to make Usac as popular as WoO I feel are parallel. Promotion is a huge factor, tracks and sanctions both.
It was a fantastic day at Susky! It appears they figured something out with the surface in respect to the dust storm. The efficiency of the show was great as well. The best part is that we were all leaving knowing this show will happen again next year. The support by the fan base was stellar. Heck, I was sitting with 3 guys who run non wing out here and they wished traditional sprint cars were this popular. Well done by the track in promoting a non sanctioned event for 25g. I can’t help but wish this was the type crowd Smackdown Saturday had. Oh well a great finish to 23 season. Only a little over three months til Lincoln 24

2 members like this post: cowboyhar69, flagboy55
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Posse