IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bill Gardner Sprintacular Night 1 of 2 Tonight (July 2nd)
7/2/21, 7:36 AM   #1
Bill Gardner Sprintacular Night 1 of 2 Tonight (July 2nd)
Lincoln Park Speedway

It's race day!

The Bill Gardner Sprintacular Night 1 takes place today!

MSCS/USAC Sprints, Modifieds, Super Stocks, and Bombers

Pit Gate opens 4:15pm
Pit Admission $35/10 and under free

Main Gate opens at 5pm
General Admission $30.00/10 and under free
Please start your line to the north

Hot Laps 6pm
Racing 7pm

2 members like this post: racegal, tirespinner
7/2/21, 7:39 AM   #2
Mrs G
Administrator

Who is ready for a great night of racing, beautiful weather and being surrounded by family and friends? I know this girl is!
Last edited by Mrs G; 7/2/21 at 7:54 AM.

7/2/21, 12:41 PM   #3
Mrs G
Administrator

I thought I would share. Brian Hayden, Bill’s best friend, posted this on his Facebook page.

This weekend brings the Bill Gardner Sprintacular at Lincoln Park Speedway. The event holds special meaning to Brian Hayden Racing as it honors Brian’s best friend, previous business partner and important member of his Pit Crew.

Bill was a racing enthusiast and the founder of IndianaOpenWheel.com, a website that provides a place for fans and drivers from across the country to voice their opinions on open-wheel topics. His wife, Shondra Robinson Gardner continues to manage the popular forum. Bill also partnered with Brian in a sign and graphics business where Bill was pivotal when it came to Graphic Design.

Genuine and kind, Bill was one of the most courageous men Brian has ever known. He battled cancer since he was in his 20s, yet had a positive attitude and a desire to live life to the fullest. So when Bill, Brian’s biggest race fan, told him in ‘09 that he wanted to see victory lane a few more times, Brian couldn’t say no. They put together a team and Bill got his wish 28 more times plus shared in double LPS Championship Victories in ‘13 in the Sprint and Modified. Sadly, in 2014, Bill passed away and Brian stepped away from racing.

This is Brian’s first year back to racing since his best friend’s passing and he will be honored to race this Friday in Bill’s memory. Perhaps Bill will be present and keeping a close eye on the 2H. Even though many of our team members never had the pleasure of meeting Bill, we certainly know him through the many shared stories of their humorous track experiences as Brian keeps his memory alive.

If you have any memories to share about Bill, we would love for you to post them below.

7/2/21, 2:16 PM   #4
tdt636

My favorite weekend of the year!!!!

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, Mrs G, tirespinner
7/2/21, 2:42 PM   #5
i love dirt track racing

Our racing family is heading that way. Looking forward seeing everyone again. Thanks.

5 members like this post: Dirtfan, Hustlin-Hoosier, Mrs G, tirespinner, wildman92
7/2/21, 3:47 PM   #6
Re: Bill Gardner Sprintacular Night 1 of 2 Tonight (July 2nd
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Have fun, Stay safe everyone!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bill Gardner Sprintacular Night 1 of 2 Tonight (July 2nd)