IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Watching USAC on Flo
2/11/24, 10:39 PM   #21
flagboy55

Mr Hulbert is doing a fine job. Let’s face it, it’s all subjective. I had no issues with Tony, and thought he was progressing just fine. When we got Chet, I thought we got the best going, but I also understand how some folks might not see that the way I do. So far what I’ve heard this year, I have no complaints. Actually I do have one complaint and it’s not about announcing. What do we have to do to get a real cushion?

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, nodramazone20, oppweld, Speedmax3
2/11/24, 10:48 PM   #22
Re: Watching USAC on Flo
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

IDK, Ocala recut the track making turns one and two more banked wider than half track with a ledge and turns 3-4 steeper as well. Went from a who could hook up coming off track to get a run track.

Think I liked it better the other way. Still three more

As far as broadcast. I understand the follow the transfer cam deal but if there's no race for the transfer. show the top fives best racing.
Not a rant, just a observation.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
2/12/24, 8:43 AM   #23
miledirt

I think both announcers are very good at what they do. They just have different styles. This should be a great year at the track and on Flo for USAC

My only complaint with FLO or any streaming service is at the end of the race. The last few laps they may be showing an incredible battle for third and on last 1/2 of the last lap they cut away and just show the flagman throwing the checkers. Why?

2/12/24, 9:24 AM   #24
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
I think both announcers are very good at what they do. They just have different styles. This should be a great year at the track and on Flo for USAC

My only complaint with FLO or any streaming service is at the end of the race. The last few laps they may be showing an incredible battle for third and on last 1/2 of the last lap they cut away and just show the flagman throwing the checkers. Why?

Not only that, they zoom in on the flagman, The flagman isn't the race and the camera isn't the judge of race results. IMO it should always be pointed between four and the finish line to show the races conclusion. You know that car in first with a two second lead crossed first.

Other than that. I know you gotta go to a race to get the full race experience.

4 members like this post: erich45, Rick Eaton, tj39, Tom23
2/13/24, 1:13 AM   #25
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Having the same guy announce every USAC race of the season will make you sick of whoever it may be. I preferred when each track had their own announcers.
I agree that Flo does not capture the finish of the race correctly. It’s pretty easy to show the leader cross the line then pan back to the other cars coming off turn four and show going down the front stretch. We used to film races from the stands and did a much better job. Also, for the love of God….turn up the engine sound!!! The engines should slightly dominate the sound mix over the announcers voice. The engines are what we want. Might help us not get bored with the same announcer 97 times a year.

3 members like this post: racenut69, Rick Eaton, The Old Coyote
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Watching USAC on Flo