IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
kb78 (Offline)
  #11 10/25/23 4:37 PM
You might as well add A High Limit race to the schedule as well, I may even make the drive for that.
3 Likes: dirtybob29, flagboy55, oppweld
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #12 10/25/23 6:29 PM
IMO, Bill Rose did a nice job at THAT, but for long term success, THAT needs an experienced promoter than knows how to work the press AND social media. As far as a schedule, USAC Sprint and Silver Crown cars have a long history at THAT. USAC Sprint cars in late May, July and Sept. are traditional. PERSONALLY, I think Silver Crown cars need to be in VERY late April or early to mid May. Central IN weather is to “iffy” until then (and I lived there for 40+ years). A winged sprint car race (WoO or AllStar/High Limit) and either a WoO, Lucas Oil or even a Hell Tour event in June to mid July would perhaps provide some diversity and maybe gain some new fans for the speedway.

As much as I’d like so see USAC or even XTreme midgets, the reality is that teams will not support racing on a 1/2 mile. Eldora, which is the only 1/2 mile on any midget schedule drew what, 18 cars, and I bet they wouldn’t have drawn that if it wasn’t part of the 4 crown.
5 Likes: cowboyhar69, Dale, dirtybob29, Hubie48, oppweld
oppweld (Offline)
  #13 10/25/23 7:11 PM
A big enough payout and being the first race of midget of week would get the 33.
3 Likes: dirtybob29, flagboy55, jdull99
sprits fan 11 (Offline)
  #14 10/25/23 7:15 PM
I am optimistic that there could be 6 to 8 races a year. With all the good series why wouldn't they want to come there if ran properly. Not saying this year but if ran right I could see it happening with weekend shows. But once do you have to get the fair board on board?
cornerthree (Offline)
  #15 10/25/23 7:57 PM
No way in hell they could get 33 midgets there. Even if they paid $50,000
3 Likes: openwheelfan1, PIT CART, Scott Daloisio
jdull99 (Offline)
  #16 10/25/23 9:58 PM
Originally Posted by cornerthree:
No way in hell they could get 33 midgets there. Even if they paid $50,000
2.4 based engines (& maybe restricted national ones, or older ones)

$10,000 to win

$1000 to start

Fill in whats left of that 50g (for 2nd thru like 8th); and see who shows up

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
4 Likes: dirtybob29, monkeyboy, oppweld, Rapid Rick
Dale (Offline)
  #17 10/26/23 8:16 AM
Originally Posted by oppweld:
Since IOW is fantasyland I will submit my fantasy schedule: April Sumar Classic, May Tony Hulman Classic, June Midget week Opener Hut 100, July Indiana Sprint week Don Smith Classic, Sept Jim Hurtibise Classic Oct Championship Weekend Silver Crown Finale.
I would buy a season pass for that schedule. They would have my $ whether I was there or not.

Halfway between Springfield & DuQuoin, and Gilbert AZ
3 Likes: addictedtodirt, dirtybob29, oppweld
miledirt (Offline)
  #18 10/26/23 8:53 AM
It would be fantastic to have an early summer Silver Crown race at DuQuoin, and/or a season dirt finale at THAT or Springfield
5 Likes: Dale, dirtybob29, oppweld, rimrider69, SpfldMile
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #19 10/26/23 9:32 AM
IDK you put the D2s on a half mile schedule and they show up in dozens. Put the national full up ones on and you get 15

Too much compression, detonation. Sprints getting the same way.

Charles Nungester
Midget98 (Offline)
  #20 10/26/23 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by jdull99:
2.4 based engines (& maybe restricted national ones, or older ones)

$10,000 to win

$1000 to start

Fill in whats left of that 50g (for 2nd thru like 8th); and see who shows up

I'd love to see a BMARA/MARA Hut 100 with the current engine package. I think it would be very competitive and there are plenty of cars to fill the field if both groups come together. Add in the D2 group(s) in Indiana and you'd have a large group trying to make the top 33. Heck... I might even try to find a car for that one.
5 Likes: bighd0522, dirtybob29, jdull99, oppweld, SpfldMile