IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
miledirt (Offline)
  #1 6/13/12 9:38 AM
So what can Miledirt and Mrs. Miledirt expect?! Looking forward to midgets and sprints on the night.

Always want to take care of the wife... Any special places to have dinner before? ... maybe around Terre Haute or in Putnumville?

Posted via Mobile Device
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #2 6/13/12 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by miledirt:
So what can Miledirt and Mrs. Miledirt expect?! Looking forward to midgets and sprints on the night.

Always want to take care of the wife... Any special places to have dinner before? ... maybe around Terre Haute or in Putnumville?

Posted via Mobile Device
I would suggest that you plan on stopping in Terre Haute. Downtown Putnamville doesn't offer much of anything except racetrack food. The normal national chains as well as some local eateries I am sure you will find something. Be prepared for a great night of racing. Joe Spiker and crew has taken LPS to one of the best dirt tracks in Indiana. Last years midget week race was top notch.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
2 Likes: crawfordsville410fans, mud goodsleeve
cmiracingvids (Offline)
  #3 6/13/12 10:43 AM
If there was a MIT award (most improved track) LPS would easily get my vote. Hands down, 100% better since Spiker took over. Really a neat racetrack...long straights and tight banked turns...makes for several grooves of racing. I really like this track now. I used to hate it. Enjoy!!

Posted via Mobile Device
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #4 6/13/12 11:00 AM
Looking forward to making my first visit to the track also on Thursday. Hopefully if traffic isn't bad we should be there around noon.
bandres21 (Offline)
  #5 6/13/12 11:11 AM
pappys bbq in downtown brazil is good
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #6 6/13/12 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by Mud Packer:
Downtown Putnamville doesn't offer much of anything except racetrack food.
You can visit my historical childhood home... oh wait, that's still not offering much.

2 Likes: Mud Packer, speed bump
HARFprez (Offline)
  #7 6/13/12 11:51 AM
probably a bit out of your way, but if you get close to Brownsburg, go to the Pit Stop BBQ & Grill. The best ribs in Indiana, steaks, sandwiches, salad bar and cold beer, all in a race themed restaurant. 2 midgets in the place at all times, even an old Dreyer midget up front. But be warned, it might take you awhile to get out of there, there's that much to see. Enjoy Midget Week, bob
3 Likes: Danny Burton, mud goodsleeve, speed bump
MarkHarden (Offline)
  #8 6/13/12 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by bandres21:
pappys bbq in downtown brazil is good
Yes! this place is very good!
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #9 6/13/12 1:49 PM
Cannot believe that Mr. Gardner failed to mention the LPS/Bar-B-Q sandwich. Throw in a monster bag of popcorn with a drink and you're good for the rest of the night.

http://www.hoseheads.com/dannyb.html

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
mayor31 (Offline)
  #10 6/13/12 2:34 PM
I thought Bill was opening up his house for lunch and camping for all to enjoy. Said his wife will take care of all the dishes.

Posted via Mobile Device