IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
17B (Offline)
  #1 5/1/12 11:25 PM
Mullins Race Engine
Modified appreciatiion $700 to win no extra laps just more $$$$ to win!
plus will have the Gateway Vintage Car Associationh
gates open at 4:30 hotlaps at 7 and racing 7:30
General admission is just $5
non wing sprints, modifieds, cates, ss, ps, ms,
www.claycountyspeedway.net
618-662-6825
When you hear the crowd roar and the earth rumble you know you are at Clay County Speedway
bandres21 (Offline)
  #2 5/2/12 12:25 AM
we will be back saturday for another try
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #3 5/2/12 12:43 AM
I haven't been to Clay County Speedway yet, but I will this year. From an outsiders perspective, this looks like a promoter who is working hard at promoting. I like the idea of running on Sunday if Saturday night rains out. I realize that it isn't possible for all other tracks to do that, but I think it is nice for racers and fans. A look at the schedule shows a bunch of special nights for the various classes, with higher purses. It also shows a number of fun promotions; Powder Puff for women with no racing experience, mechanics races for mechanics who don't regularly race, vintage cars, Dad's Day race for dads whose son is in competition, an autograph night, fan appreciation night, features only night, non-winners race open only to drivers who have not won a heat, consi or feature, and a feature winners race, open only to drivers who have won a feature in at the track in 2012.

It is nice to see a promoter who is really trying to get fans and drivers, and that certainly seems to be the case here. Good job and I look forward to visiting your track.

Frank Daigh
2 Likes: 2fast4u, Kansasdirtfan
17B (Offline)
  #4 5/2/12 9:25 AM
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan:
i haven't been to clay county speedway yet, but i will this year. From an outsiders perspective, this looks like a promoter who is working hard at promoting. I like the idea of running on sunday if saturday night rains out. I realize that it isn't possible for all other tracks to do that, but i think it is nice for racers and fans. A look at the schedule shows a bunch of special nights for the various classes, with higher purses. It also shows a number of fun promotions; powder puff for women with no racing experience, mechanics races for mechanics who don't regularly race, vintage cars, dad's day race for dads whose son is in competition, an autograph night, fan appreciation night, features only night, non-winners race open only to drivers who have not won a heat, consi or feature, and a feature winners race, open only to drivers who have won a feature in at the track in 2012.

It is nice to see a promoter who is really trying to get fans and drivers, and that certainly seems to be the case here. Good job and i look forward to visiting your track.
thank you for the positive comments, it has made my morning!
Kevin bayer 812-630-3989 anytime any comments are welcome!
17B (Offline)
  #5 5/4/12 10:44 AM
KBC Graphix has stepped up and added extra $$$$ to 2nd, 3rd and 4th spots in mods for Sat
www.claycountyspeedway.net
kevin
17B (Offline)
  #6 5/5/12 9:04 AM
Lets go Racing!
illinisprintfan (Offline)
  #7 5/5/12 11:42 AM
How many sprints do you think will make it tonight? What has been the average so far?
illinisprintfan (Offline)
  #8 5/6/12 9:21 PM
Results? There are none on the website.
K-Dawg30 (Offline)
  #9 5/6/12 9:26 PM
I heard 13 sprints
dirtfan07 (Offline)
  #10 5/6/12 11:41 PM
13 sprints. Wissmiller won, weyant 2nd not sure on the rest. Seiler took a violent nose-tail flip down almost the entire back stretch. taken out on stretcher.
2 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, skids59