IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Evernham says we use double file restarts!
8/15/09, 4:48 PM   #1
Evernham says we use double file restarts!
nonwing

I was messing in the basement with my slot car track and had the Nationwise Series on the TV just to have some noise that sounded like race cars, however I stopped in my tracks when I heard Ray Evernham say, "ya know one of the reasons that Ryan Newman does so well with these double file restarts is because he came from racing sprint cars where they do double file restarts all the time."

Excuse me, but when did we start doing double file restarts? Except of course when the actual start is bad and we have a re-do of sorts. These guys are clueless about half the time.

One other thing while I'm all twisted up... why on earth do we have to have these electronic boxes every so many feet to see who is ahead of who? We have raced for years and years by going back to the last scored lap. They are just making something so simple, really hard to officiate. Ask Paul Tracy!

George Wilkins
Last edited by nonwing; 8/15/09 at 4:50 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Evernham says we use double file restarts!