IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Derek Myers
8/14/09, 3:26 PM   #1
Derek Myers
LEADERS EDGE

Saw him luking on the bottom and wanted to say job well done over the course of this season.He is a Powri regular and has become a very good midget racer. He had motor gremlins the last year or so but is doing a great job.

I would compliment Kellen Conover who is also lurking, but I HATE him.(He knows I'm kidding)
Last edited by LEADERS EDGE; 8/14/09 at 3:27 PM.

8/14/09, 4:58 PM   #2
Re: Derek Myers
Midget82

Derek ran his tail off at Belle-Clair and ran third... much deserved!

8/15/09, 10:29 AM   #3
buck2

Derek is a formidable competitor! He's a guy you know will give you a hard, clean race any time you encounter him on the track...and you better have your act together if you plan to out race him!
I'm continually annoyed when the announcers introduce him and mention that he drives one handed. It's not important...he's a racer and a good one!
Last edited by buck2; 8/15/09 at 10:30 AM.

1 member likes this post: billwill7
8/15/09, 1:52 PM   #4
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck2 View Post
I'm continually annoyed when the announcers introduce him and mention that he drives one handed. It's not important...he's a racer and a good one!
How many times over the years did announcers mention that Mel Kenyon drove one-handed?

Don't get me wrong, I see your point, but how do you know that there might not be some little kid in the stands with some sort of disability who might find themselves a new hero because the announcer points out Derek's deal?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Derek Myers