IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Illinois Sprint Week
11/6/08, 11:59 PM   #11
Re: Illinois Sprint Week
SpfldMile

I'd like to see it run in September. The USAC schedule was real light this year until 4 crown. Jacksonville, Granite City, Lincoln, Danville, Quincy, maybe Joliet if it could be worked out. Spoon River could be good if the track was ever watered.

11/7/08, 7:24 AM   #12
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint63122 View Post
Highland is a good place to went to watch the scra when they ran there it was a great race along with godfrey the next night both tracks were heavily watered and the west coast boys did the track packing and put on a hell of a show.
Unfortuantely, there's no possibillity of scheduling any show at Godfrey now.

11/7/08, 10:10 AM   #13
RACEADDICT

:thumbYou definetly have to include Farmer City, Lincoln, Morgan County and Granite City. I ran both Shows at Flora last year, neat track the second night. A lot of fun and great crowds both times. I too would try to use MSCS if possible but if not I understand. Personally I would rather see something late may or early June before Sprint week and TNT tour.

11/7/08, 7:58 PM   #14
Sprint63122

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiNOISE View Post
Unfortuantely, there's no possibillity of scheduling any show at Godfrey now.
It is to bad we lost that race track to along with Little Springfield in the 80's we seem to be going backward here in IL in that regard and who knows how it will work out for Farmer city to plus Danville status is a big ? right now to.

11/7/08, 8:44 PM   #15
LocalYokel

Macon!

11/8/08, 12:10 AM   #16
Sprint63122

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalYokel View Post
Macon!
Why would they want to race there this is non wing sprints for speedweeks not midget racing and plus with that backyard chain link flimsy azz fence they have there I would not even think of having a race there that is a major disaster waiting to happen like have the pin out of the grenade and it is already falling to the ground.

11/8/08, 12:11 AM   #17
racephoto1

Belleville for sure. Red Hill if you can get it. Before it closed I saw some god shows there. Use it as a lead up to DuQuoin. I think it would help the crowds both ways. Friday sprints down south and Champ cars on saturday night.

11/8/08, 12:17 AM   #18
Motormasher

How come nobody mentioned Mt. Vernon? Its a black slick no passing track like Flora was. If it hadn't been for Levi showing up the 2nd night at Flora that race would of sucked as bad as the 1st one.

Both tracks have a TON of potential if they were prepared properly. But what the hell if ya gotta run a JUNK A$$ DT-3 it won't hook up anyway?:thumbsdown: We aren't saving any money running this tire anymore, its just hurting the compition.

MSCS or a New Series :idea: would be great for the NON USAC guys.

11/8/08, 2:00 AM   #19
JackWissmller

If you want Granite City, you better start talking to Kevin now, I know they fill their schedule quick.

11/8/08, 12:23 PM   #20
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post
How come nobody mentioned Mt. Vernon? Its a black slick no passing track like Flora was. If it hadn't been for Levi showing up the 2nd night at Flora that race would of sucked as bad as the 1st one.

Both tracks have a TON of potential if they were prepared properly. But what the hell if ya gotta run a JUNK A$$ DT-3 it won't hook up anyway?:thumbsdown: We aren't saving any money running this tire anymore, its just hurting the compition.

MSCS or a New Series :idea: would be great for the NON USAC guys.
Maybe you could be hired to prepare these tracks, since you don't race anymore, or someone could give you a DT-3 for Christmas?

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Illinois Sprint Week