IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Four crown rating
9/29/19, 12:56 AM   #1
Four crown rating
WingedFan2019

Race Count This Year: 9
Race Count Last Year: 49

Alright, was at the 4 crown both nights here are my thoughts, Friday: 4/10, low rating Mainly due to the 3 hour rain delay and the track being so tacky and fast it made it hard to pass. Saturday, Midgets-10/10, that race was awesome, Top 3 trading sliders for the lead for a good 10 laps there. Nonwing Sprints- 7/10 Good racing once again but I can’t give this a 10/10 because it wasn’t on par with the race I saw prior, All-Stars-7/10 Good racing all around not much more to say, Silver Crown- 3/10 boring to me personally, One line and slow racing, not that slow is bad there was just very minimal passing, Sunshine was coming but ran into a spin out car, Overall an 8/10, good night overall.

3 members like this post: dirtball, erich45, tirespinner
9/29/19, 1:05 AM   #2
Re: Four crown rating
revjimk

I've only been to Eldora once, never saw it back in the "good ole days" when everybody said it was crazy fast. Watched it tonite on Flo, it seemed really fast on the top, like I've heard about, really enjoyed USAC sprints & midgets.. SC was what I expected, more strategy, Bacon took his time & waited for KTJ to make one mistake & pounced
One of the more enjoyable races I've seen on streaming this year, of course no comparison to live....

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/29/19, 10:56 AM   #3
miledirt

Silver Crown racing is different, it is strategy, it’s saving your stuff... I loved it

9/29/19, 11:36 AM   #4
Re: Four crown rating
jonboat15

After watching a winged parade at my local track last night it was refreshing to come home and see some decent racing on Flo. I was home in time to see all of the usac features and was very pleased with all 3 events.
After the Eldora racing I tuned in to the west coast CRA event and got to see another exciting feature.

2 members like this post: dirtball, tirespinner
9/29/19, 12:42 PM   #5
suzuki756

Slide job slide job to pass thats all you could do,

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/29/19, 1:41 PM   #6
Koko06

Was there on Saturday. I will say the best race hands down was the midgets. The all-stars follow the leader. Silver crown was boring and the non wing was better then the wings and silver crown.but if I had to rate it I would give the overall racing a 3/10.not impressed at all.

1 member likes this post: dirtball
9/29/19, 2:13 PM   #7
fourteen fan

Was there both nights. Overall 8/10.
Friday, SC put on a show during hot laps. WOO, boring heats, feature was good. Logan in traffic reminded me of how good Kinser was in traffic.

Saturday, even with everyone locked in the midget feature, they raced like crazy during the heats!! And the feature was awesome. Nw show was good too, SC feature was ok. All Stars just two locked down.

Wish they would drop the All Stars on Saturday, make it just USAC. Not sure how they could work the 4 crown part of it though.
Last edited by fourteen fan; 9/29/19 at 2:26 PM.

5 members like this post: chrismattlin, Hotrod, jim goerge, ROSCO, tirespinner
9/29/19, 4:48 PM   #8
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

The crowd keeps going up since the addition of the All Stars. I think they are there to stay.

3 members like this post: Dirteater, motorhead748, tirespinner
9/29/19, 5:17 PM   #9
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdorkboy View Post
The crowd keeps going up since the addition of the All Stars. I think they are there to stay.
I hope so. The winner started 6th. Follow the leader??? No.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

3 members like this post: Jim Gardner, motorhead748, tirespinner
9/29/19, 8:19 PM   #10
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

Matt Westfall went from 27th to 7th in the Silver Crown race. I thought the night went fairly well. Few fence repairs took a few minutes. Only thing they could do is start an hour earlier. Best of all worlds in one night. 👍👍👍🏁🏁🏁

4 members like this post: bullringko, ROSCO, The Old Coyote, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Four crown rating