IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City- Things I learned
7/22/23, 11:49 AM   #1
Gas City- Things I learned
kb78

It's easy to ***** about the track from the stands
Tracks with character are alot of fun to watch
Gas City has the most uncomfortable bleachers in Indiana
The USAC format creates drama with 58 cars, and it takes a course in new math to keep up with the feature invert in your head.
people with seat back chairs that extend past their butt board should be strung up by their thumbs.
Robert Ballou has had a rough streak, but he hasn't forgot how to drive
Justin Grant has had a rough streak but he hasn't forgot how to drive
That finish will be tough to top
Unfortunate what happened with Leary and Kingseed Jr., I didn't see how it started but it ruined Leary's night and possibly Kinseed's season
There are a ton of people camping out at the track these days.

7/22/23, 7:16 PM   #2
Re: Gas City- Things I learned
cornerthree

All seat backs should be banned at these big events. Just rude IMO and I know some people need them but have a special area for them. Chili bowl and IMCA super nationals don't allow them.

7/23/23, 11:00 AM   #3
flagboy55

78, great observations on your part. Your take on the track with some texture being fun to watch is forever true. And another point of yours is absolutely correct also. It’s been said before and I can’t reiterate it enough. The bleachers are the worst. I’ve already had a couple friends swear off the place for that reason, and we ended up standing all night because we just couldn’t take it. Any future trips there are in serious jeopardy. Which is a shame because the race track is great

5 members like this post: erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, PIT CART, skids59, tirespinner
7/23/23, 6:18 PM   #4
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerthree View Post
All seat backs should be banned at these big events. Just rude IMO and I know some people need them but have a special area for them. Chili bowl and IMCA super nationals don't allow them.
Attica doesn’t allow them for their big shows

7/23/23, 7:56 PM   #5
racefanindy

Weather was ideal Friday night. Good racing. Exciting finish to the Sprint feature. The only thing I would ask for is to turn up the volume on the loud speakers. We sat in the west side of the stands about half way between those speakers. We could hardly hear anything even with no cars on track.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City- Things I learned