IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington
9/4/22, 8:09 PM   #41
TQ29m

When I was looking for a new location for my shop, all I needed was an address and the county clerks phone number, it was public records, you could get the heat, water, any information you wanted, taxes, property ownership, renters, all as fast as you could write it down.

3 members like this post: Dirtfan, racenut69, Rpracing1
9/4/22, 8:35 PM   #42
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Exactly,in today's world pretty much anything is available,just takes the time to find it.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

2 members like this post: racenut69, Rpracing1
9/4/22, 8:41 PM   #43
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Obviously you dont go to either track too much because they are NOT always running late. Sprints are done at both tracks around 10-10:30 most every week so that means the entire show is completed before midnight. This week they had too many classes and the light issue, crap happens. If you dont know what you are talking about then maybe you shouldnt throw stones. If that is too late for you then maybe you should stay home if you have even went there anyway.
Not hard John,look at posts #41 ,,no wild goose chase needed.😊

Mitchell-Priest Family are the owners of Bloomington Speedway for several years,and it was Mr.Mitchells wish for it to remain as long as possible.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Last edited by Dirtfan; 9/4/22 at 10:18 PM.

9/4/22, 8:51 PM   #44
TQ29m

After looking at the information I found, I remember now who the new promotional people were, the owners of the property didn't change. Bob

2 members like this post: Rpracing1, wildman92
9/4/22, 9:27 PM   #45
flagboy55

I’m pretty sure Dale was not referring to race fans that live by the track. If you have any clue at all, you know the kind of person he’s referring too. The squeaky wheels that unfortunately get the grease. They’re way louder than any racetrack and they are real. I no longer have a local race track. Both succumbed to loud neighbors, and rising value in the property. The historic Illiana Speedway and Crown Point Speedway are both distant memories and both 15 minutes from my house. Too bad the light deal happened, but I also agree with too many classes for a big show. Ultimately the lights were the biggest problem, from what my source tells me. I’m my opinion 11:30 may be acceptable but still too late. I haven’t been to Bloomington in decades, which probably indicates the old neighbors who didn’t mind a loud Friday night, probably aren’t around much anymore

3 members like this post: progressive22, racer-x, tirespinner
9/5/22, 9:37 AM   #46
Re: Bloomington
mandgracing96

First time Bloomington speedway visitor. Travelled 6 hours from TN to come check it out.
Good: Track is awesome. People that work there are great. Love the seating.
Bad: Way tooo many classes for a Sprint car memorial race. Been attending races for over 40 years and Ive seen 1 show stopped for fireworks in the middle of the night, that person responsible was fired due to the lights not coming back on. Mini sprints *** took so long to line up. You are in the pits for 45 minutes why are they not lined up in the pits? Other than that the bombers and mini sprints were quite entertaining. Not a fan of late models or mods so no comment on them. They really need another concession stand somewhere.
I know things happen out of ones control, but alot of the issues seemed self inflicted. We left after they announced the sprint feature was gonna be moved back AGAIN. I know this will never be seen by the powers that be but this is the perfect way to lose fans. Ill give this track another shot. My wife kept telling me that things happen. And she is right. Well be back but another night like Saturday and thatll be it.
Oh yea another plus soft serve ice cream

4 members like this post: captrat, Grocery Guy, tirespinner, TNRustler
9/5/22, 11:44 AM   #47
DJlives

The sprint car feature was moved back because MSCS race director wanted to wait for the light tower to arrive. Getting the light tower involved a fan in the stands. That is their decision to make and rightfully so.The Spikers agree that the concession stand is an issue and have plans to address that. There were plans to do so last year but it just isn't as simple as meets the eye. I'll leave it at that. I don't think anyone imagined the car count and crowd. It's a weekly track that has rained out a ton. There is a desire to give people a chance to race. The stock and sprint feature went green to checker. Without the lights issue the sprint car feature would have been done at a reasonable time. The pluses were a great family was honored and several awesome race fans kicked in to help with the light situation.

3 members like this post: Clydesdale, Grocery Guy, mc/rider
9/5/22, 9:40 PM   #48
Jonr

All tracks need to run to be as efficient as possible. All tracks should have a muffler rule. All tracks should have a curfew rule. I can guarantee that a track with a curfew understands how to schedule a special show. It understands that only so many classes can be scheduled and have success. They also know that when they are behind schedule, to start making up time. All main events should have a lap count and a time count. If the <insert name of class here> can't figure out how to line up, it only costs them laps. If they spend 28 minutes trying to line up, then they get 2 minutes of race time. It takes discipline, but it can be done.

Also, once the drivers learn how the place will be run, they will act accordingly. As a fan, once you go to a track that is run that way, it is painful to go to a track that is not.

9/6/22, 8:46 AM   #49
mandgracing96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
All tracks need to run to be as efficient as possible. All tracks should have a muffler rule. All tracks should have a curfew rule. I can guarantee that a track with a curfew understands how to schedule a special show. It understands that only so many classes can be scheduled and have success. They also know that when they are behind schedule, to start making up time. All main events should have a lap count and a time count. If the <insert name of class here> can't figure out how to line up, it only costs them laps. If they spend 28 minutes trying to line up, then they get 2 minutes of race time. It takes discipline, but it can be done.

Also, once the drivers learn how the place will be run, they will act accordingly. As a fan, once you go to a track that is run that way, it is painful to go to a track that is not.
I totally agree. Went to Knoxville a few years ago and they run their shows very efficiently.

5 members like this post: Dirtfan, Grocery Guy, PIT CART, Rpracing1, tirespinner
9/6/22, 11:40 AM   #50
stp6237

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 11

I live in PA and enjoy going to Bloomington and LPS when we come out to Indiana for the 500 we usually hit at least one of the tracks if not both. This year we went to IRP on Friday because of the Silver Crown and other divisions. Bloomington was rained out, and as it was, IRP was delayed by rain also that night. A side note we were at LPS the next night and left before the sprint B main as the show was running very late because of track prep issues and a lot of divisions that were running. I am not sure if they were some extra divisions because of the many rainouts or the track scheduled more because of holiday weekend. I can assure you that we were not the only people who left early, as many people we talked to going to our car said, they were there for the 500 weekend and were sprint fans and were leaving because of the getting up early to attend the 500. If people who do not normally attend the event, want to see sprints over the other divisions, and leave before the race they came to see is run, it can not help your return business in the future.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington