IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas city
7/23/22, 2:04 AM   #41
Re: Gas city
fish

What an absolutely incredible night and way to open the 2022 Indiana Sprint Week.

7/23/22, 8:14 AM   #42
1021gpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Like to see Leary go after Ballou when he’s not strapped in a car. He’s the chicken sh*t. Just like when he tried to act tough with Thorson at LPS. That was racing deal and nothing more.
And then the very next night done the samething to chris Windom but that was ok...and then at the burg when he feed brady bacon a rr

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/23/22, 9:16 AM   #43
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

The most disappointing part of the night was watching grown a** adults screaming at Ballou from the stands. After the first red with Bacon, Ballou’s car stopped on the front stretch. Guys went down to the fence to SCREAM at him, flip him off, etc. Grown a** men. I’d love to see any of them threaten to kick Ballou’s a** when not behind a fence and when Ballou isn’t strapped in a car.

Don’t get me wrong, there were certainly shenanigans last night but the behavior of Leary and the fans do NOT give our sport a good name. I hear people make fun of NASCAR for the same behavior.

We were surprised that USAC allowed Bacon and Leary to approach Ballou. Yes it was pretty clear watching from the stands that Bacon was in control, but Leary clearly was not. Punk move to drop kick someone still strapped in their car.

7/23/22, 9:22 AM   #44
Longtime sprinter

We’ll one positive, the race at Kokomo will be a must see!

3 members like this post: flagboy55, nathans1012, tirespinner
7/23/22, 10:07 AM   #45
JarrettFarms73

I wonder if Leary’s failed kick was a result of him making contact with the outer seat or if Ballou just simply blocked it with his steel rod bionic arm?

2 members like this post: 1021gpa, tirespinner
7/23/22, 10:07 AM   #46
ShamrockRacin'48G

Leary needs a 2 race suspension. They suspended Ballou just for talking bad about Tonys little track in Ohio. Bacon, Leary and Grant have all punted other cars, it happens, quit crying. Go Ballou...

7/23/22, 10:08 AM   #47
badcoupe

I think it’d been funny if Leary instead of kicking ballou he’d just pulled a few plug wires on ballots car, easy clever way to get a bit of retaliation.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
7/23/22, 10:10 AM   #48
stp6237

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 11

We have a saying here in PA about fences between combatants that goes; "The bigger the fence, the braver the dog!" A while back at Williams Grove, Kramer Williamson took out Allen Klinger during a heat race. My Dad and I were in the infield and after the heat we went over to the pit fence to see what both crews were doing to fix their cars. Kramer was up in the front of his truck getting something out of it when a 20 something hot-head was getting all over Kramer. Many F-bombs and a few "its a good thing there is a fence between us or I would be kicking you butt!" With that my dad pointed out there was a small hole in the pit fence about 10 yards down toward the fourth turn, and the kid could get at Kramer there. At that point my dad shouted to Kramer, "hey, this guy said he will meet you at the hole and show how tough he is." Needless to say, at that point the kid took off towards turn one. Dad turned to me and said "the bigger the fence the braver the dog." I really miss my dad's Lancaster County wisdom.
Last edited by stp6237; 7/23/22 at 10:12 AM. Reason: change a word

7/23/22, 10:19 AM   #49
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

The racing, Well I think that will take care of itself . Bacon will have spiked chariot wheels and Ballou will have a armored six foot wide rear nerf tonight.

The Drop kick? Id consider the cockpit a pit area. I don't know if it's in USAC rules, But many tracks if you enter someone else's pit area and assault em, You're suspended. I mean what if that was 95pd Jade or a 16yr old and not Ballou getting drop kicked?

I used to say everyone drives like a maniac until they get hurt real bad. Apparently, I've been wrong all along.

1 member likes this post: FALCONEDDIE
7/23/22, 10:52 AM   #50
flagboy55

A very entertaining night of racing! Put a fine on CJ and let’s enjoy the show!

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, duel, luckybuc97, oppweld
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas city